Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. Paraview python shell is difficult to use with Anaconda distributions in Linux. The shell don't see the PYTHONPATH to Anaconda or other secondary python distributions not in /usr/lib... That makes difficult to use external python modules

$ export PYTHONPATH = /mypath works with pvpython but not in the python shell in Tools/Python shell

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Add better NASTRAN support for bulk file input

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. 22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm trying to create contour plots for fields that range from negative to positive values, but I'm unable to easily change the negative one to dashed lines so they can easily be identified.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the python annotation filter, the time dimension is available from following variables: 'tsteps', 'timesteps', 'timerange', 'tindex', 'timevalue', 'tvalue', 'timeindex', 'input', 'trange'

It would be convenient to have datetime objects to be able to convert it as strings representing the time under the control of an explicit format string , ie strftime(format) method

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Whenever I animate using interpolate camera locations, I have to fight with Paraview on the interpolated positions. I'm always left to guess where it thinks the camera should be going between keyframes, and have to correct for its constant overshooting, and struggle to bring it back to a reasonable location between keyframes, instead of some weird fitted spline. After fighting with it for way too long, adding way too many keyframes, I usually then just give up and split the animation into multiple videos with two keyframes each, then merge them in another 3rd party software.

It would be great…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. I am trying to use the median filter to filter my tecplot data to remove the noise. However, I realise the filter only works with the VTI image data instead of other types of data. Hence, I am trying to use Python median_filter in the programmable filter to do the filtering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Camera Null objects (Nulls in general in fact) are non-rendering null points that allows you to do things such as target a camera viewpoint to it. Thus you can easily move the camera along a path you want but always have it looking where ever the Null is sitting. The null point itself shoould also be animatable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Hey, I am a graduate student and I have been working on a FEM Soil-Structure Interaction Software. I am planning to use ParaView as the post-processing software.
    The problem is that I need to show the boundary conditions and am finding it difficult to visualize it. The glyph is nice, but we cannot use it as we need some different glyphs/symbols, so that i can use it to represent my boundary conditions at certain nodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Context: Lagrangian simulations of capsules. (DPM)

Lets say we have data for the orientation vector, position vector, length of shaft and the radius of a spherocylinder for each timestep. Then it should be possible to visualize this particle behaviour with time in Paraview.

DPM modelling for non-spherical particles is the next upcoming field and currently no visualization package supports non-spherical particles. If this feature is released for Paraview, I am sure the user base will grow manifold.

Thanks and regards,
    Vinay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to be able to interpolate the scalars on a wrapped colorspace before mapping them. This would be very useful to obtain nice representations of cyclical phenomenae.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. The legend offers an "automatic label format", but not an "automatic range label format", leading to weird situations like scientific notation for the range extremes, and integer notation for the labels, when displaying e.g. an int or a bool data type.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. The moab group already has a plugin, but you need to build paraview on your own to use it.

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/ITAPS/wiki/MOAB/h5m

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to visualize specific parts of large, multi-block datasets using the Multi-Block Inspector. Currently I rely on a Python script to extract each block. This Python script gets slower as the number of blocks in the dataset grows. The Multi-block Inspector would solve this problem if I could match my name for the blocks to the block indices conveniently.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think it is very easy for the developers to implement a proper orthogonal decomposition for unsteady flow with equal spaced timesteps using Snapshot POD algorithm described in chapter 3.2 of http://web.mit.edu/kwillcox/Public/Web/BTTanMS.pdf

The algorithm is:
    0. get timestepvalues of interest as ti, i=1..N
    1. load field P of two timesteps such as as P
    i=P(ti),Pj=P(tj)
    2. calculate the correlation R
    ij = innerproduct(Pi,Pj)/N, the definition of inner product could be integration of Pi*Pj over the volume.
    3. get the eigen value lambda
    i and corresponding vector eVii of matrix {R

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Right now quantities are associated to nodes or elements, but in electromagnetics some quantities are naturally associated to faces (fluxes) or edges (magnetomotive forces) and special finite elements (nedelec / raviart-thomas) can be used to interpolate such quantities. Is support for such entities planned? If not how difficult would it be to implement it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. ParaView has a button to fetch server configuration. It would be nice to have a fetch plugins, using the same url source. This way all the resources for paraview can be stored in the same place.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multi-block inspector shows the blocks by index and not by alphabetical order.

Block indices list (when you execute Extract block filter) shows the same list.
    It is easier to select blocks in a alphabetical list (or to have the possibility to change order of this list).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. When you load a state, you have the option to change the data file used. It would be nice if when you have loaded a state, you could right click the data file in the pipeline browser to select another data file (or alternatively, change the file name property in the pipeline, or drag and drop a file into its place).

This would save time when you have many data files in the same format to visually inspect, for example many runs of the same experiment under various different conditions.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →