Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. VTK has the function of overlaying chart in 3D render view but ParaView cannot.
    This function will be useful to present the result in a one image as in StarCCM+

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add to this filter option to select only connected elements (linked by common nodes) when mesh consists of several components in one dataset.

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a way that would allow an MDM solution like the JAMF Casper Suite to install update and manage multiple version of ParaView provide backward compatibility of ParaView.

One of the solutions for ParaView would be to provide backward compatibility in newer version to older version. This is how most of the software vendors we deal with handle the multiple versions installed at the same time issue. Others create entirely new software like Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2016 that are installed via pkgs and operate in parallel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows 10 seems to have some incompatibilities with Paraview (v. 5.1.0), and sometimes crashes when opening .xdmf files. Also, when representing volumes, they do not look as good as in Ubuntu 14.04.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently grid names are not imported during XDMF import. This would be very useful in case of multi-block data, where currently generic names are assigned. See also this post:
    https://cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-July/012858.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Default support for med format to import from Code_Aster results

243 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a turbine blade and a domain of symmetry which I want to cut into two halves along the camber line so that I can compute the average quantities in each half domain. Is there a way to clip the geometry along a poly-line such as the camber-line of the blade?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Generally liked to have the possibility of using all different filters of ParaView inside ParaViewWeb.
    As PlotOverLine needs multiview, it would be nice to add this functionality to the frame of ParaViewWeb too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. It seems that most sources (cylinder etc.) only align along the Y axis. The ability to align then along a different axis would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. I sometimes have very complicated keyframe lists (a few hundred Time-Value pairs). It would be very useful to be able to Save and Load these to some sort of simple text file that could be created/edited outside Paraview

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. The (now rather ancient) visualization software OpenDX has the ability to show glyphs in text form. This glyphs represent the point values as a text string. The text glyph could be 2D (always oriented in the view plane) or 3D. I am aware that text values at a given position can be displayed using the labels of the selection display inspector. But this options needs a lot of user interaction and it seems not to be possible to compare the values of two different objects.

Extending Glyphs to have a text representation would be very much apreciated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When importing a temporal file series (e.g. foo_N.vtk), paraview currently only recognizes N as an integer sequence (for instance where N=001,002,003,..). If the time series is named after a time represented by a float (e.g. N=0.5,1.0,1.5,... where you can think of that numbers as being seconds) the file series is not recognized.
    Since naming a file after it's simulation time seems to be a fairly common practice, it would be helpful to expand the naming patterns and allow for N to be a float and not only an integer.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. would be great to have a keyboard shortcut for load state (it's as useful as a shortcut for open).

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. It could work in +/- 1/4 steps or cycle though 1/3, 2/3 and 1 opacity value.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. ParaView 5 brings the long-awaited interactive probing. I noticed the tool tip data can't be copied.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. In an attempt to deploy the ParaView DMG using Munki, I ran into the issue that the DMG is storing paraview.app with 700 permissions. This causes the installation via Munki to fail.

As a workaround, I converted the DMG to read-write, mounted it, ran:

chmod -R go+rX paraview.app
    mv paraview.app ParaView.app

I also had to add the version information to the CFBundleShortVersionString variable inside of the Info.plist.

I then converted it back to a read-only DMG. This then allows the installation via Munki to complete successfully.

I would like to eventually automate downloading updates of your DMG through Autopkg, but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Please provide option to add/delete contour lines and to add/delete contour labels (maybe using buttons)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if Paraview could directly output animations to the GIF format.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This will make easy to install paraview in any platform with a single command line:

$conda install paraview

See Building packages at Conda documentation.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)