Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. The NVIDIA IndeX plugin requires a .exe version of paraview VR which doesn't currently exist on the downloads section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. A typical analysis of aerodynamic data is to integrate all variables along a direction in order to project the integrated data onto a plane or a line: this allows the analysis of say the evolution of the mean section temperature along a duct and so on.
    A partial solution already exist for integrating 3D/2D data onto a line(https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/116033-obtain-average-pressure-over-range-slices.html) but it is not efficient at all as it demands an animation in order to create an external CSV file iteratively. An efficient, built-in solution, without need of creating an external CSV file is needed.
    Moreover, the reduction of 3D…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish to show where prob points are measured visually. My solution is to create a script with 3D text showing points annotated with prob number, however, this is only valid for one view and orientation. If it would dynamically adjust to my camera view then it would be much more useful,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Support ESRI's shapefile, which is widely used for geospatial data. This is useful for a lot of CFD problems, which sometimes need to be visualized in a geographic environment.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The scale of the present Axes Grid is same for the all axes. So when I set Scale values on the Transforming property or Transform Filter, the values of grids become meaningless.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to display Japanese characters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. We and our colleagues (working in fly brain neuroanatomy) use the NRRD format. We have >100,000 NRRD images with data gzip encoded. gzip compression is useful because many images are sparse and compress by factors of >10 or even >100x.

At least on the current v5.4.1 on mac gzip encoding is not supported.

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/8275bd07/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Image/vtkNrrdReader.cxx, line 401
    vtkPNrrdReader (0x7fbe23649220): Unsupported encoding: gzip

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/8275bd07/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 784
    vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x7fbe227f98d0): Algorithm vtkPNrrdReader(0x7fbe23649220) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x7fbe227f99e0)
    Debug: Off
    Modified Time: 211881
    Reference Count: 1
    Registered Events: (none)
    Request: REQUESTINFORMATION
    ALGORITHM
    AFTERFORWARD: 1
    FORWARD
    DIRECTION: 0

It…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to switch off the "nicer automatic labels" introduced in v5.4

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. zoom by moving up/down
    roll by moving left/right

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. The EnSight case file name convention also includes *.encas files which have the same file format as the already available *.case, *.CASE, and *.Case files. ANSYS Fluent exports ensight files by default as *.encas files and these files are not recognized by Paraview. It would be trivial to also include the *.encas file name extension in the list of EnSight files and would make life a bit easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Due to the screen DPI now getting smaller and smaller, the python shell embedded in paraview lack of appropriate font adjustment, hoping to join customizable features about python shell appearance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. When opening a large mesh with node IDs larger than 2 billion, Paraview overflows showing node IDs as -2147483648.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be fantastic to provide an option to output a 360 screenshot or video using equirectangular projection.. or even direct scrren output so it may be streamed to smartphone in VR glasses and give CAVE like experience to the masses.
    It is yet possible to do this by making 4 videos with 100deg FOV and stitch them with "3D Stitching" software post-processing giving output like :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKanld6MFE but right out of paraview would be fantastic

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. I would find very useful to be able to set the colormap position in the same way of annotations, i.e. by specifying horizontal and vertical displacements from one of the four corners of the render view, on top of the current "standard" positions provided in the 5.4.1 release.

Plus, it would be great to have an option to set those values once for all, i.e. for any variable on any render view and layout, along with the title and text/annotations font size and title text for a given variable name, which is now reset when the colormap is displayed in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. The only way to plot a streamline of a vector field is from cartesian data. It could be nice if spherical data can be used for this purpose as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. 1) I always work with xmdf files and every time I have to choose the reader to use in the menu, can we deactivate or force the use of a specific reader in the command line?

2) also if I run a second command line to run paraview (with a filename as argument) can we reuse the instance of paraview already running. (to compare results for example)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Presently, a parent in the pipeline can only be deleted when all children have been deleted before. Suggestion to allow deletion of a parent with implicit deletion of all of its children (instead of throwing an error that parent cannot be deleted).

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add the ASME Stress Linearization as a post processor tool

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For comparison to original file it might be beneficial to have the original node and cell ID`s preserved (those values exist in the file) and read all the existing data and not just the mesh

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. When checking solver results or input files of type structured grid it is important to have the ability to view the node indices in the zone (i, j, k) an not just a running number (for instance in the spreadsheet view)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →