Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. The Azore CFD package has an export to VTK for ParaView use, but ParaView does not have an import directly from Azore. Would be useful to connect the two more completely.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. filter for a surface or plane calculates the mass flow rate over time steps and we can plot over time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. The .fvuns format is commonly used for creating animations in FLUENT. The reason is that you can export selected planes/surfaces (even with dynamic mesh), meaning that you will have lower file than when exporting the entire data set. For long transient animations, this format is therefor highly useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Hi, I would like to extract the index of the points selected in the order I selected them. But when I choose extract selection and save the csv file, I get them ordered from small to big. Also I would like to save the point coordiantes and his normal when I choose slice. I see them in the box in the left, but there is no option to save them in a csv file. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to do a slice but using a cone. Is there a way to extract information using different geometries?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We can add Menu items or Macros with Custom Icons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. I'd like to suggest some solution for easy import files from SolidWorks. I tried to do it, but there is only wrl file theoretically compatible. In practice, my SW 2014 and ParaView 5.2 dosn't interact. There is an ERROR: In C:\bbd\df0abce0\source-paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 710
    vtkCompositeDataPipeline (00000204B4E93B60): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkAppendPolyData(00000204B5040810) has 0 connections but is not optional.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now that OSPRay rendering seems to turn out really well, it would be really a plus if it could be added also the option to active material rendering (like metal, glass, plastic, etc.) on surfaces, instead of simple solid colors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I can not read my Ansys Structural case data in ParaView. I think it would be a great idea post-process Ansys Structural in Paraview.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With paraview 5 the export to vector graphic formats most often results in a rasterized image (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2016-February/036314.html). This is huge drawback of the new version. Please bring the old true svg, eps, pdf export back!
    (Old uservoice entry for this: https://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/313565-add-vector-graphics-output-i-e-postscript)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. It should be possible to launch the program with a pvsm file without being prompted to select an importer for this file format (which is not even listed).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Code Aster beam and shell element but In paraview we can't see the thickness and cross section of shell and beam element

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Specifically, in the "Edit Color Legend Parameters" dialog, entering "%4.3s" as the "Range Label Format" and pressing "Apply" makes the application crash hard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. This filter should accept a query with :
    - an operator : min / max / mean .... etc.
    - a celldata or pointdata name
    - an optional selection
    - a format descriptor

The filter should then add a 3d text with the result of the query and an optional arrow to point out the location of the query (if the query is min/max).

It should be possible to place automaticaslly the 3d text object where it 's not disturbing.

It should be possible to define formats with multiple fields.

For example :
    - query : max Temp
    - format…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Accommodate the ability to visualize the data formed in .ovf file which is the standard data output produce by the Micromagnetism software OOMMF or MuMax3.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Calculix has a own post processing tool called Calculix graphics window(cgx) .The colour plot is not look good if postprocessing possible in calculix means that will be very good.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. open source FE solver of code aster doesn't have post processing tool with it and default output format is (.med) . it's available in paravize but that require separate coupling so it's better to have .med plugin with para view

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Now PV support only bdf (nastran input) files...

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. The CGNS standard suggests "DiscreteDatat nodes are intended for the storage of fields of data not usually identified as part of the flow solution, such as fluxes or equation residuals." However now the DiscreteDatat nodes seems ignored by Paraview (version 5.1.2). One has to put all field data in FlowSolution_t node in order to have the data been loaded by Paraview which breaks the CGNS convention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →