Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. The .fvuns format is commonly used for creating animations in FLUENT. The reason is that you can export selected planes/surfaces (even with dynamic mesh), meaning that you will have lower file than when exporting the entire data set. For long transient animations, this format is therefor highly useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, I would like to extract the index of the points selected in the order I selected them. But when I choose extract selection and save the csv file, I get them ordered from small to big. Also I would like to save the point coordiantes and his normal when I choose slice. I see them in the box in the left, but there is no option to save them in a csv file. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Now that OSPRay rendering seems to turn out really well, it would be really a plus if it could be added also the option to active material rendering (like metal, glass, plastic, etc.) on surfaces, instead of simple solid colors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to do a slice but using a cone. Is there a way to extract information using different geometries?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to suggest some solution for easy import files from SolidWorks. I tried to do it, but there is only wrl file theoretically compatible. In practice, my SW 2014 and ParaView 5.2 dosn't interact. There is an ERROR: In C:\bbd\df0abce0\source-paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 710
    vtkCompositeDataPipeline (00000204B4E93B60): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkAppendPolyData(00000204B5040810) has 0 connections but is not optional.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to have a filter that directly computes cells volume and store it as a variable

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We can add Menu items or Macros with Custom Icons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Scale the speed at which zoom occurs based on mouse input. In other words, add a user preference for scaling how rapidly or slowly the scene zooms in or out based on moving the scroll wheel. My mouse seems extremely sensitive.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Code Aster beam and shell element but In paraview we can't see the thickness and cross section of shell and beam element

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It should be possible to launch the program with a pvsm file without being prompted to select an importer for this file format (which is not even listed).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This filter should accept a query with :
    - an operator : min / max / mean .... etc.
    - a celldata or pointdata name
    - an optional selection
    - a format descriptor

The filter should then add a 3d text with the result of the query and an optional arrow to point out the location of the query (if the query is min/max).

It should be possible to place automaticaslly the 3d text object where it 's not disturbing.

It should be possible to define formats with multiple fields.

For example :
    - query : max Temp
    - format…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow a global z scale like Google Earth. Currently I have to scale each of dozens of input data individually. This is an important feature for terrain visualizations.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. open source FE solver of code aster doesn't have post processing tool with it and default output format is (.med) . it's available in paravize but that require separate coupling so it's better to have .med plugin with para view

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Specifically, in the "Edit Color Legend Parameters" dialog, entering "%4.3s" as the "Range Label Format" and pressing "Apply" makes the application crash hard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. The CGNS standard suggests "DiscreteDatat nodes are intended for the storage of fields of data not usually identified as part of the flow solution, such as fluxes or equation residuals." However now the DiscreteDatat nodes seems ignored by Paraview (version 5.1.2). One has to put all field data in FlowSolution_t node in order to have the data been loaded by Paraview which breaks the CGNS convention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a way that would allow an MDM solution like the JAMF Casper Suite to install update and manage multiple version of ParaView provide backward compatibility of ParaView.

One of the solutions for ParaView would be to provide backward compatibility in newer version to older version. This is how most of the software vendors we deal with handle the multiple versions installed at the same time issue. Others create entirely new software like Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2016 that are installed via pkgs and operate in parallel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Windows 10 seems to have some incompatibilities with Paraview (v. 5.1.0), and sometimes crashes when opening .xdmf files. Also, when representing volumes, they do not look as good as in Ubuntu 14.04.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Develop a translator to convert CALCULIX generater .frd files in to paraview readable files

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently grid names are not imported during XDMF import. This would be very useful in case of multi-block data, where currently generic names are assigned. See also this post:
    https://cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-July/012858.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →