Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. A typical analysis of aerodynamic data is to integrate all variables along a direction in order to project the integrated data onto a plane or a line: this allows the analysis of say the evolution of the mean section temperature along a duct and so on.
    A partial solution already exist for integrating 3D/2D data onto a line(https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/116033-obtain-average-pressure-over-range-slices.html) but it is not efficient at all as it demands an animation in order to create an external CSV file iteratively. An efficient, built-in solution, without need of creating an external CSV file is needed.
    Moreover, the reduction of 3D…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. I wish to show where prob points are measured visually. My solution is to create a script with 3D text showing points annotated with prob number, however, this is only valid for one view and orientation. If it would dynamically adjust to my camera view then it would be much more useful,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm trying to create contour plots for fields that range from negative to positive values, but I'm unable to easily change the negative one to dashed lines so they can easily be identified.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add better NASTRAN support for bulk file input

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be fantastic to provide an option to output a 360 screenshot or video using equirectangular projection.. or even direct scrren output so it may be streamed to smartphone in VR glasses and give CAVE like experience to the masses.
    It is yet possible to do this by making 4 videos with 100deg FOV and stitch them with "3D Stitching" software post-processing giving output like :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKanld6MFE but right out of paraview would be fantastic

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. The scale of the present Axes Grid is same for the all axes. So when I set Scale values on the Transforming property or Transform Filter, the values of grids become meaningless.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to display Japanese characters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to switch off the "nicer automatic labels" introduced in v5.4

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. I suggest to add the ability to read Abaqus files (.odb). After all it is a very popular code, and this way the post processing would also be possible on Linux/Mac.

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. zoom by moving up/down
    roll by moving left/right

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Due to the screen DPI now getting smaller and smaller, the python shell embedded in paraview lack of appropriate font adjustment, hoping to join customizable features about python shell appearance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. When opening a large mesh with node IDs larger than 2 billion, Paraview overflows showing node IDs as -2147483648.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. 1) I always work with xmdf files and every time I have to choose the reader to use in the menu, can we deactivate or force the use of a specific reader in the command line?

2) also if I run a second command line to run paraview (with a filename as argument) can we reuse the instance of paraview already running. (to compare results for example)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Today, SpacePilot is supported only if you build ParaView manually. My guess is that this excludes most users. It would be great if SpacePilot could be supported by default - or if that has drawbacks, then maybe as a plugin?

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. When checking solver results or input files of type structured grid it is important to have the ability to view the node indices in the zone (i, j, k) an not just a running number (for instance in the spreadsheet view)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I think it is very easy for the developers to implement a proper orthogonal decomposition for unsteady flow with equal spaced timesteps using Snapshot POD algorithm described in chapter 3.2 of http://web.mit.edu/kwillcox/Public/Web/BTTanMS.pdf

The algorithm is:
    0. get timestepvalues of interest as ti, i=1..N
    1. load field P of two timesteps such as as P
    i=P(ti),Pj=P(tj)
    2. calculate the correlation R
    ij = innerproduct(Pi,Pj)/N, the definition of inner product could be integration of Pi*Pj over the volume.
    3. get the eigen value lambda
    i and corresponding vector eVii of matrix {R

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For comparison to original file it might be beneficial to have the original node and cell ID`s preserved (those values exist in the file) and read all the existing data and not just the mesh

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. I suggest you to implement the feature which will allow to move source objects (sphere, disk and so on) using the mouse (like it happens with Point Source and Line Source for StreamTracer).
    Yes I know, we can move source object through the properties Translate, but sometimes it's better to move source objects with a mouse and only adjust object position with Translate properites

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Azore CFD package has an export to VTK for ParaView use, but ParaView does not have an import directly from Azore. Would be useful to connect the two more completely.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. filter for a surface or plane calculates the mass flow rate over time steps and we can plot over time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →