Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. I have a turbine blade and a domain of symmetry which I want to cut into two halves along the camber line so that I can compute the average quantities in each half domain. Is there a way to clip the geometry along a poly-line such as the camber-line of the blade?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Generally liked to have the possibility of using all different filters of ParaView inside ParaViewWeb.
    As PlotOverLine needs multiview, it would be nice to add this functionality to the frame of ParaViewWeb too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. It seems that most sources (cylinder etc.) only align along the Y axis. The ability to align then along a different axis would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. I sometimes have very complicated keyframe lists (a few hundred Time-Value pairs). It would be very useful to be able to Save and Load these to some sort of simple text file that could be created/edited outside Paraview

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be great if Paraview could directly output animations to the GIF format.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes all I want to do is take a slice of a 3D matrix, give it an appropriate colour map and then export it. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this other than taking a screenshot, and that isn't feasible for large datasets.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ParaView 5 brings the long-awaited interactive probing. I noticed the tool tip data can't be copied.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. This will make easy to install paraview in any platform with a single command line:

$conda install paraview

See Building packages at Conda documentation.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It could work in +/- 1/4 steps or cycle though 1/3, 2/3 and 1 opacity value.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Please provide option to add/delete contour lines and to add/delete contour labels (maybe using buttons)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. In an attempt to deploy the ParaView DMG using Munki, I ran into the issue that the DMG is storing paraview.app with 700 permissions. This causes the installation via Munki to fail.

As a workaround, I converted the DMG to read-write, mounted it, ran:

chmod -R go+rX paraview.app
    mv paraview.app ParaView.app

I also had to add the version information to the CFBundleShortVersionString variable inside of the Info.plist.

I then converted it back to a read-only DMG. This then allows the installation via Munki to complete successfully.

I would like to eventually automate downloading updates of your DMG through Autopkg, but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Paraview python shell is difficult to use with Anaconda distributions in Linux. The shell don't see the PYTHONPATH to Anaconda or other secondary python distributions not in /usr/lib... That makes difficult to use external python modules

$ export PYTHONPATH = /mypath works with pvpython but not in the python shell in Tools/Python shell

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. In the python annotation filter, the time dimension is available from following variables: 'tsteps', 'timesteps', 'timerange', 'tindex', 'timevalue', 'tvalue', 'timeindex', 'input', 'trange'

It would be convenient to have datetime objects to be able to convert it as strings representing the time under the control of an explicit format string , ie strftime(format) method

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Whenever I animate using interpolate camera locations, I have to fight with Paraview on the interpolated positions. I'm always left to guess where it thinks the camera should be going between keyframes, and have to correct for its constant overshooting, and struggle to bring it back to a reasonable location between keyframes, instead of some weird fitted spline. After fighting with it for way too long, adding way too many keyframes, I usually then just give up and split the animation into multiple videos with two keyframes each, then merge them in another 3rd party software.

It would be great…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. The legend offers an "automatic label format", but not an "automatic range label format", leading to weird situations like scientific notation for the range extremes, and integer notation for the labels, when displaying e.g. an int or a bool data type.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. I am trying to use the median filter to filter my tecplot data to remove the noise. However, I realise the filter only works with the VTI image data instead of other types of data. Hence, I am trying to use Python median_filter in the programmable filter to do the filtering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Camera Null objects (Nulls in general in fact) are non-rendering null points that allows you to do things such as target a camera viewpoint to it. Thus you can easily move the camera along a path you want but always have it looking where ever the Null is sitting. The null point itself shoould also be animatable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Context: Lagrangian simulations of capsules. (DPM)

Lets say we have data for the orientation vector, position vector, length of shaft and the radius of a spherocylinder for each timestep. Then it should be possible to visualize this particle behaviour with time in Paraview.

DPM modelling for non-spherical particles is the next upcoming field and currently no visualization package supports non-spherical particles. If this feature is released for Paraview, I am sure the user base will grow manifold.

Thanks and regards,
    Vinay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)