Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

92 results found

1. I am new to all this but I do need ParaView for my dissertation. It is a nice useful program. I was wondering when OSX Lion come out, will ParaView be compatible? If not, how fast can we get a compatible version?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. I would like to be able to orient the cylinder glyph direction using a vector field.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. paraFoam (the OpenFOAM extension to Paraview) has a function to 'Include Sets/Zones' to show mesh sets from snappyHexMesh. Paraview is superb as a standalone tool. However, it lacks this one function.

Currently when using Paraview without the paraFoam module, for example on Windows, I cannot view mesh sets. It would be a greatly appreciated addition.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. To see the maximum and minimum value in the analysed object

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is difficult to interact with the 3D view because the only available rotation tool is roller-ball. It would be nice if the rotation tool could be restricted to the x, y or z axis only.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. it would be very useful to add a slider (near or under) the rendered data in "view" for navigating between the slices like the one in the "object inspector".
    cheers

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently the transform filter only works on data types that subclass vtkPointData. However, the transform filter should work on regular data like images and rectilinear grids too. Both of these types of grids can be translated or scaled by changing the origin or spacing between points. If some other transform is given (such as a rotation), then either of these grids can be converted to a vtkStructuredGrid (a curvilinear grid) with no more overhead than one would expect from a filter than generates new coordinate arrays. (In fact, it would be reasonable to always convert the grid to curvilinear.)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be extremely useful to have a parallel coordinates view of data arrays, but especially if there were selection tools on the axes which would act as threshold filters on the data. Brushing linked to coloring in the views would also be nice for quick associations between data values and locations in the view. All of this would naturally extend to scatter (and other) plots, as well. I think the addition of this type of interactive probe/query capability would really enhance ParaView as a tool for understanding quantitative spatial data.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently the menu options: Select Cells On, Select Cells Through, Select Points On/Through ... offer the possibility to select subsets with the mouse. An already selected "selection" can be extended with the Ctrl key as modifier and the same commands. But it is not possible to remove from the selection with for example the Alt key as modifier (as is implemented in a lot of other programs). This would be a conventient extension of these 4 menu commands.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be a nice feature to select a point in the data not only with the rubber-band but with a modus "next point". This means, clicking on a surface an hold e.g. <cntl> the nearest point relative to the cursor is selected.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the Mac OS X interface the tab key does not change the focus in an ordered manner, for example:
    object inspector, properties, lower threshold text field: I write a value, the slider correctly updates, then I press Tab and... I expect the focus to go to Upper threshold, since it's below, instead it goes back to Scalars. If I press shift+tab it behaves correctly.
    Please note that if I press again Tab after Scalars, it goes back again and, at the end, it won't go back to lower threshold anymore. Something is clearly wrong here.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. When I create a contour plot with different values, I want to see each value in a different colour. An example: If I want to plot a range between 0 to 10 with 11 steps, it will plot the values 0, 1, 2, ... 9, 10. I want that each value will be shown in another different colour, not in the same. It is very time consuming to create 11 different contour plots, for this. I think the effort to add this feature shouldn't be too high.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Well, I bet the following is able to be done in the "Find Data" dialog, but I was not able to figure out how by considering the documentation.

I'd like to apply a "Find Data" Query to components of a vector-valued quantity. For example:
    a) The velocity has an X, Y, Z-component. I 'd like to get all Points where Velocity.X > 1.5, independent of the Y or Z-component.
    b) I'd like to get all points with X-coordinate = 1.5. I tried queries like "coordsX==1.5", "Points[0]=1.5", "Points.X=1.5", "Points[X]=1.5" and some more -- no chance.

It would be great if this…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you have gallery for us to post picture so other people can actually see how efficient is ParaView

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to use ParaView with our 3 channel passive stereo
    projection screen.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is a very minor suggestion, but it would actually be quite useful to have. When opening a file, and after selecting the file to open in the pop-up window, it would be convenient to be able to use the "Enter" key to confirm the file we wish to open. Currently, we have to select the "OK" button to confirm the file to open.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It will be better if there is a function of drawing streamlines to two-dimentional flow field in the software. Then we can observe the behaviour of the fluid flow in pore space directly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For 3.6.0 the Mac install from cvs worked, namely the process ccmake, make, make install. I had been waiting for that for years, and was quite happy when it finally worked. But apparently it was not maintained from 3.6.0 to 3.6.2, because now it doesn't work. The worst part is that the GUI comes up and seems to function but generally crashes very quickly. There is no indication that the problem is with the install.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)