I suggest you ...

abaqus

I suggest to add the ability to read Abaqus files (.odb). After all it is a very popular code, and this way the post processing would also be possible on Linux/Mac.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yijiu JiangYijiu Jiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very beneficial for my daily work and would be a good extension for the use of ParaView.

• Roman PetzRoman Petz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

due to the fact that the abaqus post processor (CAE Viewer) is very far behind, this would open a huge crowd of abaqus users to use paraview. (E.g. you have to define node or element sets before(!!) solve to work with these sets in the post processor ! )
        An odb reader would enable at least 10 persons in our company to completely work with paraview. Also with a high potential for more users (our 20 ANSYS users and more in external companies, which work for us)
        They would all appreciate to work with it !

• James C SobotkaJames C Sobotka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also agree. Would like to use some of the paraview tools to analyze odb files. Really surprised that odb files are still not supported while ANSYS files are.

• Hesam AskariHesam Askari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you guys have worked with both Abaqus and paraview, Do you know if I have a 3d model in paraview, how can I export it as a volume to Abaqus? I appreciate any help .

Feedback and Knowledge Base