Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

92 results found

1. Stream lines often break with point locator (default) of stream tracer with unstructured vtu data. One solution is to choose cell locator instead of point locator. But "stream tracer with custom source", which includes all flexibility to choose source points, does not have these options to choose.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I have users all the time asking why a certain feature disappeared in the new versions. Finally is always the problem of the "Toggle advanced properties". Do we really need this button if we have the search capabilities???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It will be better if there is a function of drawing streamlines to two-dimentional flow field in the software. Then we can observe the behaviour of the fluid flow in pore space directly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whether the newest Qt 5.4 is supported by Paraview 4.3?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is difficult to interact with the 3D view because the only available rotation tool is roller-ball. It would be nice if the rotation tool could be restricted to the x, y or z axis only.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cell (or point) data of type 3x unsigned char can (sometimes) be rendered as RGB triplet without resorting to a color map. It is not clear (to me), under which conditions this works or not. I suggest to add an explicit option "RGB" extending the existing "Magnitude", "X", "Y", or "Z" selection that is possible for vector data.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. The current developer forum is only for those working on paraview itself. As a paraview developer I have tried asking for help there and I seemed to be ignored. It would be nice to have a stack overflow like page for the class of paraview developers working on filters/sources/3dwidgets/writers and not necessarily the paraview application. Its just a matter of creating the page shouldn't be too bad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is totally OK to post such questions to ParaView developers. As it is on the ParaView users list. Developers follow both. Also, question more specific to algorithms can go to the 2 VTK lists, where is it more likely to receive more response due to a larger number of members. Keep in mind that ParaView is simply an extension of VTK and all of the algorithmic core is in VTK.

9. If you have gallery for us to post picture so other people can actually see how efficient is ParaView

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello,

I find it a bit annoying that the "Output Messages" window pops up every time I do something in Paraview. I've dug around in menus and settings and there seems to be no obvious way of disabling it.

I would prefer it to stay closed when I press "close", or at least not have it always on top of the UI. Most of the time, things are working well and I don't need to see the information in this window. I just want to look at my data.

Example of output :

Registered event listener change listener: true
    FIXME:…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Creating animations of user traveling with a fluid particle within a fluid domain, so that you can visualize what the journey looks like inside the domain.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be an enhancement to ParaView's output capabilities to allow for transparent backgrounds when saving data as, e.g., PNG screenshots.
    Right now, there's always a rectangular bounding box in the way independent of the geometrical structure.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is supported since ParaView 4.2. The setting can be accessed from the Settings dialog, General Tab. Search for “Transparent Background” under the advanced settings.

13. Improve the CGNS reader to reduce loading time of large datasets. This would be useful for post-processing large datasets in all applications such as CFD where the CGNS format is widely used.

With a medium size 1.4 Gb CGNS dataset, Tecplot loading time is about 15 times less than the loading time of the VisIt CGNS reader in PV 4.0.1.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I read my tecplot file into Paraview, and Paraview does not recognize the u and v variables as the velocity components.
    Paraview needs to be more flexible to take assignments of variables from user to generate streamlines

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Much more intuitive is the following assignment of mouse buttons:
    Left - rotate (as is now)
    Middle - zoom (both roller and drag, like in STARCCM+)
    Right - panning

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is a very minor suggestion, but it would actually be quite useful to have. When opening a file, and after selecting the file to open in the pop-up window, it would be convenient to be able to use the "Enter" key to confirm the file we wish to open. Currently, we have to select the "OK" button to confirm the file to open.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add cylinder option to the current plane/sphere/box options available when doing a slice

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. currently only works on lines and surfaces

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently the menu options: Select Cells On, Select Cells Through, Select Points On/Through ... offer the possibility to select subsets with the mouse. An already selected "selection" can be extended with the Ctrl key as modifier and the same commands. But it is not possible to remove from the selection with for example the Alt key as modifier (as is implemented in a lot of other programs). This would be a conventient extension of these 4 menu commands.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →