Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. embed a thumbnail screen capture that was taken at the time state was saved. Then use this embedded image in the file open dialog as a preview.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add scroll bar to the 'Fix Paths in State File' GUI so that the GUI does not extend beyond the edge of your monitor making it impossible to fix the path names associated with a session for the files that are forced outside of the extents of the monitor.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paraview is supposed to be good at parallel task. But I don't understand why when I use a *.pvd file to load a parallel dataset consisting of several Rectilinear blocks, with volume rendering Paraview only renders only one of the blocks at a time and not all of dataset. It is good to have this resolved because I think volume rendering is one of the Paraviews interesting features.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding the possibility of reloading result files while mantaining the setup of a saved state, in order not to have to specify filters, windows and all this stuff, would be a nice function that will save post-procesing time.

By the way, ParaView is an extraordinary post-processor! thank's for putting it in open-source regime.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. I find it much more intuitive when ZOOM IN is done by rolling the mouse roller towards myself, and ZOOM OUT - away from myself

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. As of now I'm using auto apply with a transformation like widget however I'm unable to see smooth real time changes. I know the paraview pipeline is complicated but I would like to see a way to allow for realtime editing of the dataset be it a different sort of plugin or a faster way to do auto apply.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. It often happens on CFD analysis that you want to resample large data file (like a complicated.foam case) on .stl or other kind of geometry files. But when you do this with Resample filter, you loose all the previous present celldata or pointdata (for example the STLSolidLabeling on an stl file useful do subdivide them). The Resample With Dataset filter could be improved by adding a (flag) option like "Append Already Existing Source Data", thus not missing already present dataset on Source vtkDataSet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a global z scale like Google Earth. Currently I have to scale each of dozens of input data individually. This is an important feature for terrain visualizations.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MRC is a file format for imaging data in 3D electron microscopy, where the result of the technique is a three-dimensional grid of voxels each with a value corresponding to scattering potential. It was developed by the MRC (Medical Research Council) Laboratory of Molecular Biology. This file format is supported by many software suites for molecular biology that support volumetric data, such as IMOD and Chimera. The file format is described in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRC_(file_format), see also http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/image2000.html and http://bio3d.colorado.edu/imod/doc/mrc_format.txt.

There is an ITK module that contains classes for reading and writing image files in the MRC file format, see …

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VTK has the function of overlaying chart in 3D render view but ParaView cannot.
    This function will be useful to present the result in a one image as in StarCCM+

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'd like to suggest some solution for easy import files from SolidWorks. I tried to do it, but there is only wrl file theoretically compatible. In practice, my SW 2014 and ParaView 5.2 dosn't interact. There is an ERROR: In C:\bbd\df0abce0\source-paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 710
    vtkCompositeDataPipeline (00000204B4E93B60): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkAppendPolyData(00000204B5040810) has 0 connections but is not optional.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For those using render view for small multiples (e.g., subplots of different months of seasons of climate data), it would be nice to be able to add one super title overlying all the individual views upon export/screenshotting.

This would be similar to pyplot.suptitle in python.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Paraview already supports many different file formats, but from what I can tell, these all relate to other 3rd party programs. It would be very useful if paraview could read and write to files with a simple binary format, such as a contiguous block of doubles or floats <x1><y1><z1><scalar1><x2><y2>...
    This would make integration in to custom apps much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think the visibility of the ticks on the legend should be optional...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. What stereo mode should I use to display on FPR (film pattern retard) passive stereo 3D TV (LG's)? I've tried every --stereo-type with 3.10.1 but could not find.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. During legacy vtk unstructured grid import, if node numbers have holes like 0,1,2,4,5,... as common in finite element result files, version 3.12 crashes without giving any hint of what went wrong.

Please either do indicate that there is a problem with the node numbering or just fix the wrong numbering in paraview, by renumbering the nodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to import LS-Dyna k file into the ParaView?I have tried but it failed!Can anyone help me ?Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pressing the alt key causes the menu items show an underline under their short key letters (if any). Although this is a frequently used item, Delete All menu item does not have a short key. Adding this will be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →