Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. We can add Menu items or Macros with Custom Icons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. When checking solver results or input files of type structured grid it is important to have the ability to view the node indices in the zone (i, j, k) an not just a running number (for instance in the spreadsheet view)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. For comparison to original file it might be beneficial to have the original node and cell ID`s preserved (those values exist in the file) and read all the existing data and not just the mesh

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. 1) I always work with xmdf files and every time I have to choose the reader to use in the menu, can we deactivate or force the use of a specific reader in the command line?

2) also if I run a second command line to run paraview (with a filename as argument) can we reuse the instance of paraview already running. (to compare results for example)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. zoom by moving up/down
    roll by moving left/right

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to switch off the "nicer automatic labels" introduced in v5.4

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. A typical analysis of aerodynamic data is to integrate all variables along a direction in order to project the integrated data onto a plane or a line: this allows the analysis of say the evolution of the mean section temperature along a duct and so on.
    A partial solution already exist for integrating 3D/2D data onto a line(https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/116033-obtain-average-pressure-over-range-slices.html) but it is not efficient at all as it demands an animation in order to create an external CSV file iteratively. An efficient, built-in solution, without need of creating an external CSV file is needed.
    Moreover, the reduction of 3D…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. custom chart data marker mouse-over labels
    I would like to be able to define the interactive label which appears when you mouse over markers in line chart view. Specifically I would like to be able to select a dataset/vector which appears as the marker label on mouse over. For example, if plotting up a csv file with three columns of data (label, x, y), it would be useful to be able to plot the x, y data and have the label data appear on mouse-over.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. An "Equirectangular View" would be a fantastic addition to the software.

Right now being we are not even able to link camera movements relatively in order to create an "interactive cubemap". All linked cameras have to have the same position. That can be improved.

That would be a great start to an "Equirectangular View"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to choose a dark color theme at runtime. I image a checkbox in the settings/preferences.

This would be very similar to the trends following MacOS Mojave's "Dark Mode" and would provide much-needed eye strain relief for those of us power users that are up all night making ridiculously awesome visualizations in ParaView.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Reader for .dx files

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I like the ability to create a custom viewpoint, but one can only give them names in the configure viewpoints menu. The main toolbar just shows 1, 2, 3, and so on. It would be great for those numbers to be replaced with the viewpoint name, e.g. Arctic Ocean.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an opportunity to change GUI language

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Nek5000 solves in high-order (N can ba larger than 10).
    As far as I know, vtk now supports high order format (at least up to N=10).

Paraview's current Nek5000 reader turns high order into linear. It actually turns a Nth order polynomial element into (N+1)^d linear Cells.

So, I wonder if you can support nek5000 format further.
    (Maybe ask user to use high order or not when reading the file)

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This view should take a 2D dataset and render it as a carpet plot using a custom mapper to avoid the memory cost of converting it to polydata and warping it. It should also have decent x-y-z axis.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When probing a data set it would be nice to have an option where the selection tool stays active, and the pipeline knows to automatically use new selections after they're created and execute the pipeline.

Unless you're just using cell and point labels, a typical current process is to select, extract and add some further pipeline (e.g. statistics, particle pathlines...). The main problem comes when you want to probe a different piece of the data: you need to go back and choose the selection tool again and make a new selection (and maybe go to the Selection Browser and change…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A script to check simple things like if the class the plugin is using actually exists and if the functions that are supposed to be called actually exist. It would be nice to know these things before errors occur at runtime :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a snapping function for sources, i.e. when creating for example splines, snapping of control points to re-existing features on the pipeline would be useful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. This could be very useful for those who want to interactively deform and visualize resulting meshes, similar to what is professionally available in many CAD packages. Simply click on a surface and extrude, or click on a mesh vertex and reposition

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →