Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. measurement angel or Distance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Loading from state with complex pipelines on client server mode takes a LONG time. much longer than an end to end update of the same pipeline. When there are multiple views involved it's exponentially longer. During this time there is absolutely no indication of whats going on, progress is not reported. PV should report the progress of each filter as state is loaded.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be really useful to know how to divide up a £2K/£4K/£6K spend on a workstation optimized for paraview 3D rendering - is it worth spending on lots of multi-core CPUs? Lots of RAM presumably - is it worth spending ~£3K on a CAD level GPU with 6GB of memory? There doesn't appear to be much easy to access info on this on the web (maybe buried somewhere)....

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. it would be extremely useful to being able to save a selection, either in a separate file or in the current state. also the order of the selection should remain the same.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. When importing spcth databases from CTH into paraview, the "Extract CTH Parts" filter is used to extract each material. The default volume fraction is set to 0.1, but I generally need mine to be at 0.5. It would be great to have an option to manually set the default volume fraction so that that step of adjusting the volume fraction for each material could be eliminated for most cases.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. In a transient calculation it can be informative to see the maximum (minimum) value at a point (cell) up to the present time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. With version 3.12 it was possible to center scalar bar title by scaling horizontally the scalar bar. With version 4.1 it is not possible anymore and it would be great to have this feature back ...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Over years I over and over run into the problem that there are not even two consecutive "stable" releases of ParaView that actually work.

I suggest one ports back bug fixes and uses the patch level of stable releases more.

To give an example, e.g. the latest 4.1 release does not support parallel volume rendering for some data sets (since 1.5 month). But noone cares until 4.2 will be released - which will also contain a huge bunch of new features again which probably will break other stuff again.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. A filter to divide a dataset into different ranges for a particular variable that has for output each range in the X axis, and the volume that corresponds to each range in the Y axis.

For example, I am doing mixing tank CFD simulations, and I am interested in understanding how much of the volume of the tank is at different ranges of velocities. The way I do it now is to manually create thresholds for each range, and then integrate variables.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. You know, like the +/- X, Y, Z shortcuts...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. I have in vain looked for th e (documented) render-node-port option in recent PV releases (4.1, 4.2) and cannot find it. Presently it seems that data- and render-server connection is mandatory random. This makes it more or less impossible to connect DS on cluster nodes to RS on e.g. a workstation. An otherwise quite efficient solution when reading parallel OpenFOAM data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. The legend offers an "automatic label format", but not an "automatic range label format", leading to weird situations like scientific notation for the range extremes, and integer notation for the labels, when displaying e.g. an int or a bool data type.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be great to be able to interpolate the scalars on a wrapped colorspace before mapping them. This would be very useful to obtain nice representations of cyclical phenomenae.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Whenever I animate using interpolate camera locations, I have to fight with Paraview on the interpolated positions. I'm always left to guess where it thinks the camera should be going between keyframes, and have to correct for its constant overshooting, and struggle to bring it back to a reasonable location between keyframes, instead of some weird fitted spline. After fighting with it for way too long, adding way too many keyframes, I usually then just give up and split the animation into multiple videos with two keyframes each, then merge them in another 3rd party software.

It would be great…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. In the python annotation filter, the time dimension is available from following variables: 'tsteps', 'timesteps', 'timerange', 'tindex', 'timevalue', 'tvalue', 'timeindex', 'input', 'trange'

It would be convenient to have datetime objects to be able to convert it as strings representing the time under the control of an explicit format string , ie strftime(format) method

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. In an attempt to deploy the ParaView DMG using Munki, I ran into the issue that the DMG is storing paraview.app with 700 permissions. This causes the installation via Munki to fail.

As a workaround, I converted the DMG to read-write, mounted it, ran:

chmod -R go+rX paraview.app
    mv paraview.app ParaView.app

I also had to add the version information to the CFBundleShortVersionString variable inside of the Info.plist.

I then converted it back to a read-only DMG. This then allows the installation via Munki to complete successfully.

I would like to eventually automate downloading updates of your DMG through Autopkg, but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. ParaView 5 brings the long-awaited interactive probing. I noticed the tool tip data can't be copied.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. The CGNS standard suggests "DiscreteDatat nodes are intended for the storage of fields of data not usually identified as part of the flow solution, such as fluxes or equation residuals." However now the DiscreteDatat nodes seems ignored by Paraview (version 5.1.2). One has to put all field data in FlowSolution_t node in order to have the data been loaded by Paraview which breaks the CGNS convention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Now that OSPRay rendering seems to turn out really well, it would be really a plus if it could be added also the option to active material rendering (like metal, glass, plastic, etc.) on surfaces, instead of simple solid colors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 12 13