Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. I see that it's been requested for quite a while! It'd be marvelous if you could just obtain the difference, union or intersection of two shapes with a click of a button... Just saying....

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Accommodate the ability to visualize the data formed in .ovf file which is the standard data output produce by the Micromagnetism software OOMMF or MuMax3.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to use the Magic Trackpad with Mac OS X to rotate and manipulate the 3D objects.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to do a screenshot in fullscreen. At the moment, this is a bit tedious: I have to use two screens. On the 2nd monitor, a Phyton shell can be opened, and while displaying the picture on the 1st monitor, I can enter the "WriteImage" command in the Phyton shell.

Ok, that works, but I think, there must be a simpler solution. What about connecting the screenshot menu item with a keyboard shortcut, so it can be activated any time?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. a) have a field with constant values all over the field
    b) define a slice (rectangle)
    c) integrate this variable
    d) divide the values by the area of the slice
    e) Expectation: get the average value which is the constant BUT paraview gave me a value of 25 % wrong

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. When loading saved state remember if (for instance, when having slice) if "view plane" is selected or not.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please provide option to add/delete contour lines and to add/delete contour labels (maybe using buttons)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To show vertex ID, Position, Scalar and Vector value.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Linear Extrusion filter allows fixed extrusion directions only (x,y,z). It seems to me that adding an option to use the surface normals instead is an easy task, and will be useful in many cases. Possibly, the scale factor (surface thickness) could even be a scalar field, which would make this filter even more useful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be fantastic to provide an option to output a 360 screenshot or video using equirectangular projection.. or even direct scrren output so it may be streamed to smartphone in VR glasses and give CAVE like experience to the masses.
    It is yet possible to do this by making 4 videos with 100deg FOV and stitch them with "3D Stitching" software post-processing giving output like :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKanld6MFE but right out of paraview would be fantastic

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to visualize specific parts of large, multi-block datasets using the Multi-Block Inspector. Currently I rely on a Python script to extract each block. This Python script gets slower as the number of blocks in the dataset grows. The Multi-block Inspector would solve this problem if I could match my name for the blocks to the block indices conveniently.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, I would like to extract the index of the points selected in the order I selected them. But when I choose extract selection and save the csv file, I get them ordered from small to big. Also I would like to save the point coordiantes and his normal when I choose slice. I see them in the box in the left, but there is no option to save them in a csv file. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you to implement the feature which will allow to move source objects (sphere, disk and so on) using the mouse (like it happens with Point Source and Line Source for StreamTracer).
    Yes I know, we can move source object through the properties Translate, but sometimes it's better to move source objects with a mouse and only adjust object position with Translate properites

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If your trying to get acceleration from any explicit FEA a small amount of filtering to the data must be done. Ideally, I would like to run an FFT, truncate the signal to only include low frequency content then run an inverse FFT. I would also like a butterworth low-pass (high order 16-10) filter in order to have a comparison of each method. I believe this is all available for images but not tabular data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Paraview can handle drag and drop for data files (great feature) but not for state files.
    Also make drag and drop working for plugins. (copy the plugin file to some safe place .config/... and check the Auto Load). This can make using plugins much easier for new people.

And have a central place (wiki maybe) with a list of the community plugins (compiled or in source).

Great job and Merry Christmas to all.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I can not read my Ansys Structural case data in ParaView. I think it would be a great idea post-process Ansys Structural in Paraview.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. open source FE solver of code aster doesn't have post processing tool with it and default output format is (.med) . it's available in paravize but that require separate coupling so it's better to have .med plugin with para view

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes all I want to do is take a slice of a 3D matrix, give it an appropriate colour map and then export it. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this other than taking a screenshot, and that isn't feasible for large datasets.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Context: Lagrangian simulations of capsules. (DPM)

Lets say we have data for the orientation vector, position vector, length of shaft and the radius of a spherocylinder for each timestep. Then it should be possible to visualize this particle behaviour with time in Paraview.

DPM modelling for non-spherical particles is the next upcoming field and currently no visualization package supports non-spherical particles. If this feature is released for Paraview, I am sure the user base will grow manifold.

Thanks and regards,
    Vinay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The tool to interpolate camera positions via the Animation view is very nice. But typing cam positions is very boring. In the dialogue you can use the current cam position. But I miss the possibility to load saved camera positions via the pvcc file.
    See also http://www.beringo.de/2018-09-17%2008_47_56-ParaView%205.5.2%2064-bit.png

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →