Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. We and our colleagues (working in fly brain neuroanatomy) use the NRRD format. We have >100,000 NRRD images with data gzip encoded. gzip compression is useful because many images are sparse and compress by factors of >10 or even >100x.

At least on the current v5.4.1 on mac gzip encoding is not supported.

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/8275bd07/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/Image/vtkNrrdReader.cxx, line 401
    vtkPNrrdReader (0x7fbe23649220): Unsupported encoding: gzip

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/8275bd07/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 784
    vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x7fbe227f98d0): Algorithm vtkPNrrdReader(0x7fbe23649220) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x7fbe227f99e0)
    Debug: Off
    Modified Time: 211881
    Reference Count: 1
    Registered Events: (none)
    Request: REQUESTINFORMATION
    ALGORITHM
    AFTERFORWARD: 1
    FORWARD
    DIRECTION: 0

It…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. With paraview 5 the export to vector graphic formats most often results in a rasterized image (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2016-February/036314.html). This is huge drawback of the new version. Please bring the old true svg, eps, pdf export back!
    (Old uservoice entry for this: https://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/313565-add-vector-graphics-output-i-e-postscript)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. VRML reader should support aliased materials, OBJ reader should support MTL files (suggested by David E DeMarle)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Scale the speed at which zoom occurs based on mouse input. In other words, add a user preference for scaling how rapidly or slowly the scene zooms in or out based on moving the scroll wheel. My mouse seems extremely sensitive.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. this data file crashes paraview 3.14.1 on mac osx 10.6.8.
    i know it's a bad data file; there is no space separating the X and Y components of the POINT data.

i know this isn't the bug tracker.

vtk DataFile Version 3.0

Surprise, surprise. Bad input data crashes ParaView.
    ASCII
    DATASET UNSTRUCTUREDGRID
    POINTS 1 double
    0.622120545112035E+000-0.418009927112657E+000 0.000000000000000E+000
    CELLS 1 2
    CELL
    TYPES 1
    CELLDATA 1
    VECTORS test
    vec double
    1.000000000000000E+000 2.000000000000000E+000 3.000000000000000E+000

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add capabilities to the VRML, WebGL, X3D etc. writers to enable the export of animated scenes.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently (as of version 4.1), when exporting line chart views in vector form, the mathtext axis labels get output in plain form such as $\gamma$ instead of the Greek gamma symbol. Mathtext apperaing elsewhere, such as legends, gets output correctly. Only the axes labels do not get output correctly. I have tested it with both "renedr text as paths" checked and unchecked and the error was not affected by it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wireframe (or surface with wireframe) representation does not work with quadratic elements when in multi-core mode. The cause is that quadratic wireframe is not supported when geometry is shipped from server to client (which is implicitly the case for multi-core mode). See bug 10676, the bug that originally implemented correct quadratic wireframes, for more details on this unimplemented case.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now quantities are associated to nodes or elements, but in electromagnetics some quantities are naturally associated to faces (fluxes) or edges (magnetomotive forces) and special finite elements (nedelec / raviart-thomas) can be used to interpolate such quantities. Is support for such entities planned? If not how difficult would it be to implement it?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Add better NASTRAN support for bulk file input

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many open-source CAE software can import/export .unv files (I-DEAS universal files).

I would like to have this option in ParaView

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using a data-set with multiple spatial blocks, where the temporal information is present in the top-level multi-block wrapper node,
    the pathlines filter does not find any timestepping information.

(cf. related discussion on the mailing list: http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-October/019042.html)

Since we produce our data massively in parallel, we can not write a single spatial block efficiently and must rely on xdmf's multi-block capability. Without an efficient trajectory-trace filter, however, particle plotting using paraview is obviously mostly pointless.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to have a filter that directly computes cells volume and store it as a variable

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be useful to have a reader for SEG-Y seismic data, with the option to translate between big-endian and little-endian forms (UNIX to PC). This may be a complicated task since most data will be in two-way time (unless depth converted). However , this should not be a problem given that the freeware GMT software can read the data and convert to a useable format. Something to consider.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The plane source seems very awkward to use - specifying three corners of the plane. A more natural way to specify a plane is by the origin and normal vector. A radius would also be needed to specify how large the patch of the plane should be. Maybe a "Square Sphere Source" source could be added on top of the existing Sphere Source so people can use the existing one for "difficult" planes (non-rectangular) and the new one for "easy" planes (square).

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. As suggested here,
    http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-May/021348.html
    I propose supporting varying timestep for .vtk format files
    via the vtk index.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding latex functionality would also be great, but impractical for some purposes. There are 3 fonts, serif, sans and mono. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 on this computer, and it gives me the options of arial, times and courier, the free ms fonts. The fonts, however, are not arial times and courier. I think they are some of the fonts from my distribution. I installed the ttf-mscorefonts package which installs arial, times etc. from the repositories, but the fonts remain the same.
    I personally would like to choose my own font like Freesans or Nimbus, which both are Helvetica clones.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accommodate the ability to visualize the data formed in .ovf file which is the standard data output produce by the Micromagnetism software OOMMF or MuMax3.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I see that it's been requested for quite a while! It'd be marvelous if you could just obtain the difference, union or intersection of two shapes with a click of a button... Just saying....

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is very frustrating to use various softwares in order to convert files from .vtk. Since Paraview includes lots of readers, why not writing the corresponding writers ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)