Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. Would it be possible to plot the relative frequency of the histogram data as well as the bin count data? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. In now time paraview support only creating contour lines on pressure p.
    If I want to create the countour line on velocity, which is not allowed by countour, I need to use 'Calculator' field with command "mag(V)", then I've got my Result, and only then I can use this Result in the countour filter to make the lines on my velocity magnitude

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-block inspector shows the blocks by index and not by alphabetical order.

Block indices list (when you execute Extract block filter) shows the same list.
    It is easier to select blocks in a alphabetical list (or to have the possibility to change order of this list).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Right now quantities are associated to nodes or elements, but in electromagnetics some quantities are naturally associated to faces (fluxes) or edges (magnetomotive forces) and special finite elements (nedelec / raviart-thomas) can be used to interpolate such quantities. Is support for such entities planned? If not how difficult would it be to implement it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. The moab group already has a plugin, but you need to build paraview on your own to use it.

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/ITAPS/wiki/MOAB/h5m

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Hey, I am a graduate student and I have been working on a FEM Soil-Structure Interaction Software. I am planning to use ParaView as the post-processing software.
    The problem is that I need to show the boundary conditions and am finding it difficult to visualize it. The glyph is nice, but we cannot use it as we need some different glyphs/symbols, so that i can use it to represent my boundary conditions at certain nodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Camera Null objects (Nulls in general in fact) are non-rendering null points that allows you to do things such as target a camera viewpoint to it. Thus you can easily move the camera along a path you want but always have it looking where ever the Null is sitting. The null point itself shoould also be animatable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. I am trying to use the median filter to filter my tecplot data to remove the noise. However, I realise the filter only works with the VTI image data instead of other types of data. Hence, I am trying to use Python median_filter in the programmable filter to do the filtering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Paraview python shell is difficult to use with Anaconda distributions in Linux. The shell don't see the PYTHONPATH to Anaconda or other secondary python distributions not in /usr/lib... That makes difficult to use external python modules

$ export PYTHONPATH = /mypath works with pvpython but not in the python shell in Tools/Python shell

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. It could work in +/- 1/4 steps or cycle though 1/3, 2/3 and 1 opacity value.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. It seems that most sources (cylinder etc.) only align along the Y axis. The ability to align then along a different axis would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Generally liked to have the possibility of using all different filters of ParaView inside ParaViewWeb.
    As PlotOverLine needs multiview, it would be nice to add this functionality to the frame of ParaViewWeb too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. I have a turbine blade and a domain of symmetry which I want to cut into two halves along the camber line so that I can compute the average quantities in each half domain. Is there a way to clip the geometry along a poly-line such as the camber-line of the blade?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Currently grid names are not imported during XDMF import. This would be very useful in case of multi-block data, where currently generic names are assigned. See also this post:
    https://cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-July/012858.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a way that would allow an MDM solution like the JAMF Casper Suite to install update and manage multiple version of ParaView provide backward compatibility of ParaView.

One of the solutions for ParaView would be to provide backward compatibility in newer version to older version. This is how most of the software vendors we deal with handle the multiple versions installed at the same time issue. Others create entirely new software like Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2016 that are installed via pkgs and operate in parallel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Specifically, in the "Edit Color Legend Parameters" dialog, entering "%4.3s" as the "Range Label Format" and pressing "Apply" makes the application crash hard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. The .fvuns format is commonly used for creating animations in FLUENT. The reason is that you can export selected planes/surfaces (even with dynamic mesh), meaning that you will have lower file than when exporting the entire data set. For long transient animations, this format is therefor highly useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. filter for a surface or plane calculates the mass flow rate over time steps and we can plot over time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →