Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

92 results found

1. The 'advanced properties' button for axis grid is missing since version 5.0. So it is not possible to change the visibility of certain axis lines. Only the complete axis grid can be displayed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. title say it all, but I think the current design with xml "hints" needs some thought as well...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It worked up to 3.4, but no longer in 3.6. Would it be very difficult to re-introduce it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ParaVIew still supports big-endian EnSight files. The detection of endianness is now automatic so there is no longer need for a combo box for endianness.

6. It would be nice to have the possibility to display an adjustable title or description in a (render) view. E.g, if you have multiple views on screen showing different data sets and you make a screen-capture, it is not deducible which view shows which data. Some kind of caption that can be set and shown would really be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. I have users all the time asking why a certain feature disappeared in the new versions. Finally is always the problem of the "Toggle advanced properties". Do we really need this button if we have the search capabilities???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The current developer forum is only for those working on paraview itself. As a paraview developer I have tried asking for help there and I seemed to be ignored. It would be nice to have a stack overflow like page for the class of paraview developers working on filters/sources/3dwidgets/writers and not necessarily the paraview application. Its just a matter of creating the page shouldn't be too bad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is totally OK to post such questions to ParaView developers. As it is on the ParaView users list. Developers follow both. Also, question more specific to algorithms can go to the 2 VTK lists, where is it more likely to receive more response due to a larger number of members. Keep in mind that ParaView is simply an extension of VTK and all of the algorithmic core is in VTK.

9. Whether the newest Qt 5.4 is supported by Paraview 4.3?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. it would be nice for ordering files by modified date, to find easily which file to load

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Cell (or point) data of type 3x unsigned char can (sometimes) be rendered as RGB triplet without resorting to a color map. It is not clear (to me), under which conditions this works or not. I suggest to add an explicit option "RGB" extending the existing "Magnitude", "X", "Y", or "Z" selection that is possible for vector data.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →