Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. ParaView has already a nice X3D exporter. Would be very easy and useful if somebody would create an additional X3Dom exporter by adding some static lines to the X3D exporter. This would allow to render the data with WebGL in a web-page without a plugin. Example: http://x3dom.org/x3dom/example/x3dom_paraviewExport.xhtml

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. While it is posible to export .x3d and . vrml in Paraview, it is only for static scenes. There should be an posibility for exporting time varianse geometry to open 3d animation formats.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Now PV support only bdf (nastran input) files...

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be great if Paraview could directly output animations to the GIF format.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. would be great to have a keyboard shortcut for load state (it's as useful as a shortcut for open).

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Today, SpacePilot is supported only if you build ParaView manually. My guess is that this excludes most users. It would be great if SpacePilot could be supported by default - or if that has drawbacks, then maybe as a plugin?

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. 22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Laser scanning data are typically in xyzRGB format, where xyz are the coordinates and RGB are columns for the R, G, and B colours (values from 0...255 for each). The current support for only one colour field could be extended to define the colours through three different fields. In addition, laser scanning data, i.e. point clouds, may contain points up to billions, in which case long coordinates may hinder the calculation time needed for the visualisation. Therefore it is suggested to build an filter or process that only takes into account the changing parts of the coordinates.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be great if you could support a customizable toolbar option, so that I can add frequently used filters to the existing common filters toolbar, rather than having to navigate to Filters->Recent

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm trying to create contour plots for fields that range from negative to positive values, but I'm unable to easily change the negative one to dashed lines so they can easily be identified.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Often I'd like to have a "global variable", so that I can change a value at only one position, which is referenced by several filters, including Python programmable filters/sources.
    The smartest thing would be, to have a slider widget, with which I could interactively change the value of this variable and so could examine different stages/points of view/slices... (depends on how I used the variable) of the dataset.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It seems odd that despite Sandia's involvement in both LAMMPS and ParaView, ParaView can't read in native LAMMPS output files from simulations.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. it would be nice having
    - line-break / feed in legend headers, e.g. for displaying the unit in a second line
    - ability to remove the display of the highest and lowest values (which are always there and they are not aligned with the other values)
    - Ability to choose the labels, much like the "new value" / "new range" buttons of the slice filter

instead having an option

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. I think that Julia is the next best scientific programming language. CFD, FEM, Magnetic, and other solvers, as well as filters could be written right inside Paraview, and executed with decent performance. The same code can be developed as stand-alone functions.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a tutorial which describes how to load data into Paraview using python script but without using a compiled data reader plug-in (or anything else). It can save a lot of time for people which are not so familiar with compilation process (don't have the knowledge to compile their own data reader).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. I think it is very easy for the developers to implement a proper orthogonal decomposition for unsteady flow with equal spaced timesteps using Snapshot POD algorithm described in chapter 3.2 of http://web.mit.edu/kwillcox/Public/Web/BTTanMS.pdf

The algorithm is:
    0. get timestepvalues of interest as ti, i=1..N
    1. load field P of two timesteps such as as P
    i=P(ti),Pj=P(tj)
    2. calculate the correlation R
    ij = innerproduct(Pi,Pj)/N, the definition of inner product could be integration of Pi*Pj over the volume.
    3. get the eigen value lambda
    i and corresponding vector eVii of matrix {R

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With paraview 5 the export to vector graphic formats most often results in a rasterized image (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2016-February/036314.html). This is huge drawback of the new version. Please bring the old true svg, eps, pdf export back!
    (Old uservoice entry for this: https://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/313565-add-vector-graphics-output-i-e-postscript)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. In a PlotSelectionOverTime filter, the resulting 2D plot can be shown as a function y = y( timestep ). This is the default, and by default a very handy vertical green line marks the current timestep.

The plot can also show parametric graphs, where (x,y) is plotted, and x = x( timestep) as well as y = y( timestep ).

In this latter case, I would like to see a green dot marking the (x,y) of the current timestep.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A lot of simulations have a transient period, interesting but not relevant for statistics. In addition, it could be useful to not "download" these data: a kind of new time origin.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)