Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. Hi all, it would be very nice if the file names (if we save time dependent data using 'Save Data') are set as in the 'Save Animation Mask'. I guess the implementation is not difficult as everything is already built in. My suggestion is that the files should have the same numbering (leading zero) as the animation files. E.g.

We save the data from time 1 to 100. The data file name is "foobar.txt" which will result in

foobar.1.txt
    foobar.2.txt

However, it would be nicer (e.g. for sorting etc) to have the file names as:

foobar.0001.txt
    foobar.0002.txt…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. ParaView is a rather complicated 3d scientific visualization software. It's difficult for beginners to understand the basics from a book.
    I suggest adding some basic short video tutorials to help people understand the key components of the software and include more examples (maybe the most common questions from the support forum).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable customization of the 2d Gliph with a custom user's image

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable exporting the pipeline result to Fbx file with the color,filters and legend.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Import georeferenced image as a flat surface in 3D or texture

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. I find very annoying and tedious to change fonts one by one in many different places when the same font is wanted everywhere.

For example, while producing two line charts where I didn't want to use the standard fonts I had to change the font manually 10 times (2x legend, left axis label, left axis, bottom axis label, bottom axis).

Would be thus a very nice feature to set the fonts once for all everywhere if needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. I've created several custom plugins for Paraview, along with some python macros that chain some of the filter commands together to make the user experience more friendly and efficient. It would be nice if you could enable a macro(s) to be automatically loaded into Paraview along with a plugin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. ESTABLECER COMO USO DE MONITOREO Y LOGRAR VER IMAGENES Y TRAZADOS DE DATOS DE MULTIPLES ORIGENES SEAN ESTOS RELACIONADOS AL MISMO CASO O MULTIPLES .
    POR EJ PARA UNA CENTRAL DE MONITOREO MEDICO

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. With tons of colormaps imported into ParaView, the Preset editor looks very crowded and less manageable. There is just a "default" preset group option to select favorite colormaps. Would be great to add more groups so that colormap presets can be categorized more easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The existing "Data Transform" option for the global "Axes Grid" allows for the scaling and transformation of the extents used to generate the grid. This option currently doesn't exist for the "Data Axes Grid", used to plot grids for individual sources. It would be very useful to have the same transform options available here for situations in which multiple grids are needed within the same figure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. I'm using DYNA3D from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and the code used mili format.

I will like to know if there is a way to add this format on paraview.

Thanks,

Otto

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is very hard, or almost impossible to edit the transfer function in small areas of the data range using the point UI window. What's missing is the possibility to zoom the point edit window so that just a portion of the data range is displayed, and existing points in that area can be edited more easily. When in zoom mode, the ability to pan that sub-view through the data range would be great to have as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Extend ParaView's FileSeriesReaderProxy to step through files named by date & time rather than by integers in a filename.

This documentation explains how to use FileSeriesReaderProxy to animte over files named foo1.xyz, foo2.xyz, ... fooN.xyz.
    http://paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series

However, this doesn't work with filesnamed by date and time (Year-Month-Day-Hour-Minute-Second):
    foo1995-03-21T00-00-00.xyz
    foo
    1995-03-21T01-00-00.xyz
    foo1995-03-21T23-00-00.xyz
    foo
    1995-03-22T00-00-00.xyz

Inspired from discussions on the mailing list http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-December/019663.html

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tick Lines' width and length, Annotations' position, Bar Position with GUI input, ...etc.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. When you switch off a range of time steps, the temporal statistics no longer works. I have to manually alter the .xmf file so as to only average the time interval I want. Is there a way I can do this without the manual editing of the files? ie is there a way to pick a range of time intervals or not loading a range of time intervals.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. All contours on ParaView are always shaded, but sometimes the shaded contours are not suitable for understanding the values indicated by colors. I hope the vivid, flat, non-photorealistic shading model like Fluent or other post processors are implemented.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. I sometimes have very complicated keyframe lists (a few hundred Time-Value pairs). It would be very useful to be able to Save and Load these to some sort of simple text file that could be created/edited outside Paraview

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. I am trying to set a .jpeg image as my background before loading in VTK data. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →