General

1. In version 4.1, when I use the threshold filter I get different results than when I use the same filter in version 4.0.1

In version 4.1, when I use the threshold filter I get different results than when I use the same filter in version 4.0.1. This happens when I open .vti and .vtp files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Data - Filename modification

Hi all, it would be very nice if the file names (if we save time dependent data using 'Save Data') are set as in the 'Save Animation Mask'. I guess the implementation is not difficult as everything is already built in. My suggestion is that the files should have the same numbering (leading zero) as the animation files. E.g.

We save the data from time 1 to 100. The data file name is "foobar.txt" which will result in

foobar.1.txt
    foobar.2.txt

However, it would be nicer (e.g. for sorting etc) to have the file names as:

foobar.0001.txt
    foobar.0002.txt …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. holes in cell node numbering result in 3.12 crashing without further notice

During legacy vtk unstructured grid import, if node numbers have holes like 0,1,2,4,5,... as common in finite element result files, version 3.12 crashes without giving any hint of what went wrong.
    Please either do indicate that there is a problem with the node numbering or just fix the wrong numbering in paraview, by renumbering the nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow copy (to clipboard) the cell content of a line in the "Find Data" dialog box.

Allow copy (to clipboard) the cell content of a line in the "Find Data" dialog box.

I am using the Mac version 5.4.1

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Possibility to plot streamlines from spherical data

The only way to plot a streamline of a vector field is from cartesian data. It could be nice if spherical data can be used for this purpose as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. export scene as HTML needs to be separate

ver.4 has scene export to WebGL and HTML combined. Inconvenient, because HTML export creates one file I can put on my web site to show colleagues that don't have special webgl viewers/plugins, whereas WebGL export creates a ton of files that get appended when you open it to view. If am not interested in webgl, those files crowd up my workspace, and I'd always have to delete them.
    Please make webgl and html scene export separate.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OS X Packaging strategy to support installation and removal of multiple ParaView Options

Create a way that would allow an MDM solution like the JAMF Casper Suite to install update and manage multiple version of ParaView provide backward compatibility of ParaView.

One of the solutions for ParaView would be to provide backward compatibility in newer version to older version. This is how most of the software vendors we deal with handle the multiple versions installed at the same time issue. Others create entirely new software like Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2016 that are installed via pkgs and operate in parallel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show the Multi-block list or the Block Indices list by alphabetical order

Multi-block inspector shows the blocks by index and not by alphabetical order.
    Block indices list (when you execute Extract block filter) shows the same list.
    It is easier to select blocks in a alphabetical list (or to have the possibility to change order of this list).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Camera Null targets for viewpoint pointing

Camera Null objects (Nulls in general in fact) are non-rendering null points that allows you to do things such as target a camera viewpoint to it. Thus you can easily move the camera along a path you want but always have it looking where ever the Null is sitting. The null point itself shoould also be animatable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support relative frequency in histogram plots

Would it be possible to plot the relative frequency of the histogram data as well as the bin count data? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Transform position relative to screen

Add a feature to Transform filter, or a new filter, where you can transform something relative to screen. With that it would be possible to position a source with one click parallel to screen if the coordinate system doesn't align with screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Global Z scale option

Allow a global z scale like Google Earth. Currently I have to scale each of dozens of input data individually. This is an important feature for terrain visualizations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Science on a Sphere

Dear paraview product managers,

i would like to point yours to a new awesome displaying technology named Science On a Sphere in short SoS which was invented at NOAA (http://sos.noaa.gov/What_is_SOS/index.html)

images or video frames should have the following parameters
    - aspect ratio is 2:1
    - prefered resolution 4096x2048 or higher
    - JPEG or PNG for single images and image sequences
    - Map Projection – Equatorial Cylindrical Equidistant Projection. This is a simple latitude/longitude grid where the image is twice as wide as it is tall.

Will be great to be able to export single image or an image…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multi-byte Text support on the 3D Text Source

I want to display Japanese characters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Catch invalid printf-formatting strings instead of having the application crash

Specifically, in the "Edit Color Legend Parameters" dialog, entering "%4.3s" as the "Range Label Format" and pressing "Apply" makes the application crash hard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding Custom Designed Symbols/Glyphs

Hey, I am a graduate student and I have been working on a FEM Soil-Structure Interaction Software. I am planning to use ParaView as the post-processing software.
    The problem is that I need to show the boundary conditions and am finding it difficult to visualize it. The glyph is nice, but we cannot use it as we need some different glyphs/symbols, so that i can use it to represent my boundary conditions at certain nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. to generate several coexistent streamlines by point clicking on a surface and not just a single one

if generating a streamline on a surface by point clicking a previously generated streamline is erased. It would be nice to keep the generated streamlines alive until they are erased by user request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to annotate a point and display text normal to view with offset to that point.

I wish to show where prob points are measured visually. My solution is to create a script with 3D text showing points annotated with prob number, however, this is only valid for one view and orientation. If it would dynamically adjust to my camera view then it would be much more useful,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base