Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. I've noticed that in Paraview 3.14 and 3.10 in linux the calculator scalars menu does not allow you to choose for example the velocity components while the above data source is visible (eye on) while when the source is invisible than the scalars can be chosen. This does not occur when using the Windows versions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Build standard dataset library to test visualization algorithm.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Dear paraview product managers,

i would like to point yours to a new awesome displaying technology named Science On a Sphere in short SoS which was invented at NOAA (http://sos.noaa.gov/What_is_SOS/index.html)

images or video frames should have the following parameters
    - aspect ratio is 2:1
    - prefered resolution 4096x2048 or higher
    - JPEG or PNG for single images and image sequences
    - Map Projection – Equatorial Cylindrical Equidistant Projection. This is a simple latitude/longitude grid where the image is twice as wide as it is tall.

Will be great to be able to export single image or an image…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. if generating a streamline on a surface by point clicking a previously generated streamline is erased. It would be nice to keep the generated streamlines alive until they are erased by user request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. ver.4 has scene export to WebGL and HTML combined. Inconvenient, because HTML export creates one file I can put on my web site to show colleagues that don't have special webgl viewers/plugins, whereas WebGL export creates a ton of files that get appended when you open it to view. If am not interested in webgl, those files crowd up my workspace, and I'd always have to delete them.

Please make webgl and html scene export separate.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Right now, the axis colors default to white and there is no way to change this behavior. This means, that if your background color is white by default, you don't see the axes when you enable them till you manually change their color to black.

Of course you can do this every time, but it would be better if there was a default axis color in the preferences->colors menu.

P.S.: white background color rocks, and should be paraviews default because: screenshots (pngs) taken with white background color look good on things that also have a white background color like papers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Having different schemes with different precisions. Linear, Quadratic, Etc. The more precise, a longer computation time would be required. Also, add an error estimation in the integration

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be nice to do prototyping in paraview and when everything seems fine create a standallone application. The application should be able to set the input of the pipeline by browsing for a file so that the pipeline can be applied to any file.
    The application files should be packed into a single .exe or so. The main window's name should be configurable as well as the about box. The application would be restricted to the pipeline it was created from, there would be neither tools for pipeline manipulation nor for view adaptation which should make the application more…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. hello, actually, this is an issue for a long time. I am not sure if others has encountered it. When I try to visualize the deformation field exported from ITK, it usually crashes. The output message is that: vtkFloatArray: unable to allocate 319291392 elementes of size 4 bites; If someone can provide some good suggestion for the parameter settings, thank you a lot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Thanks for ParaView! I enjoy the program a lot.

Yet, after checking the bug reports already present, I carefully crafted a bug report, which is downloadable from my GitHub:
    https://github.com/richelbilderbeek/ProjectRichelBilderbeek/blob/develop/Misc/ParaviewError/ParaViewError.pdf

AFAIKS the sequence of creation, saving and loading of the primitive shapes box,cylinder and cone work incorrectly. Sphere does work as expected.

The error occurs in Windows 7.

I hope you appreciate my help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. currently, in the pipeline browser, all the icons are just green boxes. For the filters that are used frequently (contours / slices / clips etc.), there are nice icons available. why not use them in the Pipeline browser as well?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Example - 1 Server - 2 Clients

Connecting the first client to server - Default Camera Angle

Connecting the second client to the server - Seeing the data from the top

The idea is being able to set the parameters of cave.pvx

LowerLeft=" -1 -1 -2"
    LowerRight=" 1 -1 -2"
    UpperRight=" 1 1 -2"

in each client that connects to a server

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have noticed that in more recent versions of ParaView (versions > 3.8.1) the exposed names in custom filters do not display in the properties tab of the object inspector. This makes it very difficult to deal with complex custom filters (particulatly those which have multiple calculator expression fields exposed).

I am teaching a university unit in scientific data vis, and I woould like them to create some complex custom filters and document them, for now I will simple get them to use ParaView 3.8.1, but it would be nice to teach the latest version next semester.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. In version 4.1, when I use the threshold filter I get different results than when I use the same filter in version 4.0.1. This happens when I open .vti and .vtp files

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. can you tell me please, how to draw velocity profile in x, y and z direction? your software is awesome but keep developing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Spatial data is large dynamic and amenable for viewing sadly all we have are some foss gis clients which while have a GIS flavour don't do full justice to visualisation part

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. ParaView comes with two built in color Palettes: Screen and Print. It would be nice if a user was able to define his/her own color palette.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to know if it's possible to used obj format with the textured file, in order to create "fly in" or "fly through" animation of the model. Actually obj file could be used but the textured file is not used

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Parallel execution seems not to be working under Windows 7 64 bit

Only one core used even if "enable multicore for data processing" is ticked

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote