Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. hello, actually, this is an issue for a long time. I am not sure if others has encountered it. When I try to visualize the deformation field exported from ITK, it usually crashes. The output message is that: vtkFloatArray: unable to allocate 319291392 elementes of size 4 bites; If someone can provide some good suggestion for the parameter settings, thank you a lot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometimes all I want to do is take a slice of a 3D matrix, give it an appropriate colour map and then export it. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this other than taking a screenshot, and that isn't feasible for large datasets.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to do prototyping in paraview and when everything seems fine create a standallone application. The application should be able to set the input of the pipeline by browsing for a file so that the pipeline can be applied to any file.
    The application files should be packed into a single .exe or so. The main window's name should be configurable as well as the about box. The application would be restricted to the pipeline it was created from, there would be neither tools for pipeline manipulation nor for view adaptation which should make the application more…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Having different schemes with different precisions. Linear, Quadratic, Etc. The more precise, a longer computation time would be required. Also, add an error estimation in the integration

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Right now, the axis colors default to white and there is no way to change this behavior. This means, that if your background color is white by default, you don't see the axes when you enable them till you manually change their color to black.

Of course you can do this every time, but it would be better if there was a default axis color in the preferences->colors menu.

P.S.: white background color rocks, and should be paraviews default because: screenshots (pngs) taken with white background color look good on things that also have a white background color like papers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. I find it much more intuitive when ZOOM IN is done by rolling the mouse roller towards myself, and ZOOM OUT - away from myself

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. ver.4 has scene export to WebGL and HTML combined. Inconvenient, because HTML export creates one file I can put on my web site to show colleagues that don't have special webgl viewers/plugins, whereas WebGL export creates a ton of files that get appended when you open it to view. If am not interested in webgl, those files crowd up my workspace, and I'd always have to delete them.

Please make webgl and html scene export separate.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. if generating a streamline on a surface by point clicking a previously generated streamline is erased. It would be nice to keep the generated streamlines alive until they are erased by user request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be great to be able to define multiple coordinates systems. They could be used to manage easily multiple body / vectors component analysis in multiple coordinate systems. (vector coordinates should adapt based and the chosen cs...)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is very frustrating to use various softwares in order to convert files from .vtk. Since Paraview includes lots of readers, why not writing the corresponding writers ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding the possibility of reloading result files while mantaining the setup of a saved state, in order not to have to specify filters, windows and all this stuff, would be a nice function that will save post-procesing time.

By the way, ParaView is an extraordinary post-processor! thank's for putting it in open-source regime.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Paraview is supposed to be good at parallel task. But I don't understand why when I use a *.pvd file to load a parallel dataset consisting of several Rectilinear blocks, with volume rendering Paraview only renders only one of the blocks at a time and not all of dataset. It is good to have this resolved because I think volume rendering is one of the Paraviews interesting features.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. When dealing with large datasets, it would be nice to be able to prepare the pipeline with multiple filters (calculators, isocontours, plane) and then do the postprocessing and rendering, instead of having to create a filter, apply, create another filter.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Many open-source CAE software can import/export .unv files (I-DEAS universal files).

I would like to have this option in ParaView

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In a PlotSelectionOverTime filter, the resulting 2D plot can be shown as a function y = y( timestep ). This is the default, and by default a very handy vertical green line marks the current timestep.

The plot can also show parametric graphs, where (x,y) is plotted, and x = x( timestep) as well as y = y( timestep ).

In this latter case, I would like to see a green dot marking the (x,y) of the current timestep.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Linear Extrusion filter allows fixed extrusion directions only (x,y,z). It seems to me that adding an option to use the surface normals instead is an easy task, and will be useful in many cases. Possibly, the scale factor (surface thickness) could even be a scalar field, which would make this filter even more useful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Tecplot reader is very usefull, but it should be further improved because many Tecplot files (written by the user according to Tecplot format specifications or written by Tecplot itself !) still cannot be read !

I am usually using Structured grid, and the Tecplot reader works fine for most of my ASCII files, except for those that are written by Tecplot itself and that contain the STRANDID and SOLUTIONTIME tokens that are currently unsupported. I have to remove these unsupported tokens from all ZONE headers before reading with Paraview. May I suggest to ignore those unsupported tokens with just…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear paraview product managers,

i would like to point yours to a new awesome displaying technology named Science On a Sphere in short SoS which was invented at NOAA (http://sos.noaa.gov/What_is_SOS/index.html)

images or video frames should have the following parameters
    - aspect ratio is 2:1
    - prefered resolution 4096x2048 or higher
    - JPEG or PNG for single images and image sequences
    - Map Projection – Equatorial Cylindrical Equidistant Projection. This is a simple latitude/longitude grid where the image is twice as wide as it is tall.

Will be great to be able to export single image or an image…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Build standard dataset library to test visualization algorithm.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. As suggested here,
    http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-May/021348.html
    I propose supporting varying timestep for .vtk format files
    via the vtk index.

7 votes