Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

92 results found

1. I am amazed by the long streamtrace created by ParaView,which can NOT be done with others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Can we call paraview from the command line i.e. calling paraview without opninig GUI ? it may be implemented before, however I cant find it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Since v3.10 the precompiled binaries include MPI implementation to run ParaView in parallel, extremely handy!

My understanding is that such ParaView installation uses all cores it sees, desirable for one user workstations but problematic for many user systems.

Please consider adding a flag to the precompiled binaries for launching ParaView in "use only X CPU's" -mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to add time varying annotation based on functions or filter output. Not just the animation time. (i.e. the max value of a contour or surface.) Or even support to modify animation time display so it shows in an hh:mm:ss format.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating animations of user traveling with a fluid particle within a fluid domain, so that you can visualize what the journey looks like inside the domain.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. As found in http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2007-October/006115.html,
    when saving a state file (*.pvsm), it should be possible to have relative path files (with independancy of the directoty syntax / or \ relative to unix or windows platforms)

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am new to all this but I do need ParaView for my dissertation. It is a nice useful program. I was wondering when OSX Lion come out, will ParaView be compatible? If not, how fast can we get a compatible version?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be an enhancement to ParaView's output capabilities to allow for transparent backgrounds when saving data as, e.g., PNG screenshots.
    Right now, there's always a rectangular bounding box in the way independent of the geometrical structure.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is supported since ParaView 4.2. The setting can be accessed from the Settings dialog, General Tab. Search for “Transparent Background” under the advanced settings.

9. Add the possibility to plot atomistic structures with a "ball and stick" renderer rather having only the wireframe one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now supported. Try opening a molecule file e.g. caffeine.pdb in VTKData. Various rendering modes are also available including “Ball and Stick”, “Space Filling” and “Liquorice”.

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. When I create a contour plot with different values, I want to see each value in a different colour. An example: If I want to plot a range between 0 to 10 with 11 steps, it will plot the values 0, 1, 2, ... 9, 10. I want that each value will be shown in another different colour, not in the same. It is very time consuming to create 11 different contour plots, for this. I think the effort to add this feature shouldn't be too high.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ParaView (3.8.1 32-bit and 64-bit) crashes in Windows 7 when clicking on 'Edit Color Map'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if we could create python-only plugins, that would not need any c++ nor cmake code (and no compilation of course...). This is especially important for readers. Those plugins could use the client-side python api and/or the vtkPythonProgrammableFilter for server-side work.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. When rendering surfaces, you are only able to set colors in the color map. You should also be able to set the opacity for each control point as you can with volumes. (Bug 6129)

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is supported in ParaView 3.98.0. The Color Scale Editor dialog adds an option to “Enable Opacity Function” for surfaces. When checked, users can specify the opacity function to use, similar to that specified for volumes.

16. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The calculator-filter in ParaView is slow compared to other visualisation packages - e.g. 4.4 slower then the one in FieldView.

For CFD-applications is quite critical to have a fast calculation method - therefore - please speedup the calculator ...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be a nice feature to select a point in the data not only with the rubber-band but with a modus "next point". This means, clicking on a surface an hold e.g. <cntl> the nearest point relative to the cursor is selected.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. It is often useful to check distance between parts of a 3D geometry you are viewing and processing. This could be achieved with a ruler tool That would give not only the distance magnitude between two points, but also x, y and z distances.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently the transform filter only works on data types that subclass vtkPointData. However, the transform filter should work on regular data like images and rectilinear grids too. Both of these types of grids can be translated or scaled by changing the origin or spacing between points. If some other transform is given (such as a rotation), then either of these grids can be converted to a vtkStructuredGrid (a curvilinear grid) with no more overhead than one would expect from a filter than generates new coordinate arrays. (In fact, it would be reasonable to always convert the grid to curvilinear.)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)