Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. When you switch off a range of time steps, the temporal statistics no longer works. I have to manually alter the .xmf file so as to only average the time interval I want. Is there a way I can do this without the manual editing of the files? ie is there a way to pick a range of time intervals or not loading a range of time intervals.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I've noticed that in Paraview 3.14 and 3.10 in linux the calculator scalars menu does not allow you to choose for example the velocity components while the above data source is visible (eye on) while when the source is invisible than the scalars can be chosen. This does not occur when using the Windows versions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. this data file crashes paraview 3.14.1 on mac osx 10.6.8.
    i know it's a bad data file; there is no space separating the X and Y components of the POINT data.

i know this isn't the bug tracker.

vtk DataFile Version 3.0

Surprise, surprise. Bad input data crashes ParaView.
    ASCII
    DATASET UNSTRUCTUREDGRID
    POINTS 1 double
    0.622120545112035E+000-0.418009927112657E+000 0.000000000000000E+000
    CELLS 1 2
    CELL
    TYPES 1
    CELLDATA 1
    VECTORS test
    vec double
    1.000000000000000E+000 2.000000000000000E+000 3.000000000000000E+000

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To show vertex ID, Position, Scalar and Vector value.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tick Lines' width and length, Annotations' position, Bar Position with GUI input, ...etc.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Pressing the alt key causes the menu items show an underline under their short key letters (if any). Although this is a frequently used item, Delete All menu item does not have a short key. Adding this will be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. I would be nice to have some form of a master clip filter for the entire scene. This must not generate new data/geometry; it needs simply hide what is outside the box widget control. This is useful because in mining/geology/etc. we often work with sections, without modification of data.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are occasions where the viewport/OpenGL render of a data set lacks the visual fidelity due to available/accessible hardware for a reasonable turn around time. The above integration will enable offline film quality render at arbitrary resolution, independent of the viewport hardware. One immediate use case is the export of an animation via the existing POV exporter for offline rendering with POVRay.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to import LS-Dyna k file into the ParaView?I have tried but it failed!Can anyone help me ?Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to use the Magic Trackpad with Mac OS X to rotate and manipulate the 3D objects.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. During legacy vtk unstructured grid import, if node numbers have holes like 0,1,2,4,5,... as common in finite element result files, version 3.12 crashes without giving any hint of what went wrong.

Please either do indicate that there is a problem with the node numbering or just fix the wrong numbering in paraview, by renumbering the nodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a tutorial which describes how to load data into Paraview using python script but without using a compiled data reader plug-in (or anything else). It can save a lot of time for people which are not so familiar with compilation process (don't have the knowledge to compile their own data reader).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. If your trying to get acceleration from any explicit FEA a small amount of filtering to the data must be done. Ideally, I would like to run an FFT, truncate the signal to only include low frequency content then run an inverse FFT. I would also like a butterworth low-pass (high order 16-10) filter in order to have a comparison of each method. I believe this is all available for images but not tabular data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding latex functionality would also be great, but impractical for some purposes. There are 3 fonts, serif, sans and mono. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 on this computer, and it gives me the options of arial, times and courier, the free ms fonts. The fonts, however, are not arial times and courier. I think they are some of the fonts from my distribution. I installed the ttf-mscorefonts package which installs arial, times etc. from the repositories, but the fonts remain the same.
    I personally would like to choose my own font like Freesans or Nimbus, which both are Helvetica clones.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability to switch from right-handed orientation of XYZ axis to left-handed one

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to be able to save a session to a 3D pdf so that any model can be viewed by almost anyone without the need for any other viewers.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add scroll bar to the 'Fix Paths in State File' GUI so that the GUI does not extend beyond the edge of your monitor making it impossible to fix the path names associated with a session for the files that are forced outside of the extents of the monitor.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While it is posible to export .x3d and . vrml in Paraview, it is only for static scenes. There should be an posibility for exporting time varianse geometry to open 3d animation formats.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like to doing postprocess data files from StarCCM+ simulation, but now, with current version, it's possible only with ensight format export from StarCCM+ but I cannot display properly data (ex. Velocity Contours in block mode and not in smooth mode...)

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Wireframe (or surface with wireframe) representation does not work with quadratic elements when in multi-core mode. The cause is that quadratic wireframe is not supported when geometry is shipped from server to client (which is implicitly the case for multi-core mode). See bug 10676, the bug that originally implemented correct quadratic wireframes, for more details on this unimplemented case.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)