Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. I have in vain looked for th e (documented) render-node-port option in recent PV releases (4.1, 4.2) and cannot find it. Presently it seems that data- and render-server connection is mandatory random. This makes it more or less impossible to connect DS on cluster nodes to RS on e.g. a workstation. An otherwise quite efficient solution when reading parallel OpenFOAM data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. You know, like the +/- X, Y, Z shortcuts...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. A filter to divide a dataset into different ranges for a particular variable that has for output each range in the X axis, and the volume that corresponds to each range in the Y axis.

For example, I am doing mixing tank CFD simulations, and I am interested in understanding how much of the volume of the tank is at different ranges of velocities. The way I do it now is to manually create thresholds for each range, and then integrate variables.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be great to be able to save a session to a 3D pdf so that any model can be viewed by almost anyone without the need for any other viewers.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to know if it's possible to used obj format with the textured file, in order to create "fly in" or "fly through" animation of the model. Actually obj file could be used but the textured file is not used

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently (as of version 4.1), when exporting line chart views in vector form, the mathtext axis labels get output in plain form such as $\gamma$ instead of the Greek gamma symbol. Mathtext apperaing elsewhere, such as legends, gets output correctly. Only the axes labels do not get output correctly. I have tested it with both "renedr text as paths" checked and unchecked and the error was not affected by it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. this data file crashes paraview 3.14.1 on mac osx 10.6.8.
    i know it's a bad data file; there is no space separating the X and Y components of the POINT data.

i know this isn't the bug tracker.

vtk DataFile Version 3.0

Surprise, surprise. Bad input data crashes ParaView.
    ASCII
    DATASET UNSTRUCTUREDGRID
    POINTS 1 double
    0.622120545112035E+000-0.418009927112657E+000 0.000000000000000E+000
    CELLS 1 2
    CELL
    TYPES 1
    CELLDATA 1
    VECTORS test
    vec double
    1.000000000000000E+000 2.000000000000000E+000 3.000000000000000E+000

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful to have a reader for SEG-Y seismic data, with the option to translate between big-endian and little-endian forms (UNIX to PC). This may be a complicated task since most data will be in two-way time (unless depth converted). However , this should not be a problem given that the freeware GMT software can read the data and convert to a useable format. Something to consider.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. ParaView comes with two built in color Palettes: Screen and Print. It would be nice if a user was able to define his/her own color palette.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. All contours on ParaView are always shaded, but sometimes the shaded contours are not suitable for understanding the values indicated by colors. I hope the vivid, flat, non-photorealistic shading model like Fluent or other post processors are implemented.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. As of now I'm using auto apply with a transformation like widget however I'm unable to see smooth real time changes. I know the paraview pipeline is complicated but I would like to see a way to allow for realtime editing of the dataset be it a different sort of plugin or a faster way to do auto apply.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. To show vertex ID, Position, Scalar and Vector value.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a tutorial which describes how to load data into Paraview using python script but without using a compiled data reader plug-in (or anything else). It can save a lot of time for people which are not so familiar with compilation process (don't have the knowledge to compile their own data reader).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. It often happens on CFD analysis that you want to resample large data file (like a complicated.foam case) on .stl or other kind of geometry files. But when you do this with Resample filter, you loose all the previous present celldata or pointdata (for example the STLSolidLabeling on an stl file useful do subdivide them). The Resample With Dataset filter could be improved by adding a (flag) option like "Append Already Existing Source Data", thus not missing already present dataset on Source vtkDataSet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Today's Ruler Source doesn't have snap-to-vertices function. It's very important for FEM or other CAE methods needing structural analysis.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to doing postprocess data files from StarCCM+ simulation, but now, with current version, it's possible only with ensight format export from StarCCM+ but I cannot display properly data (ex. Velocity Contours in block mode and not in smooth mode...)

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. While it is posible to export .x3d and . vrml in Paraview, it is only for static scenes. There should be an posibility for exporting time varianse geometry to open 3d animation formats.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Spatial data is large dynamic and amenable for viewing sadly all we have are some foss gis clients which while have a GIS flavour don't do full justice to visualisation part

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. can you tell me please, how to draw velocity profile in x, y and z direction? your software is awesome but keep developing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →