Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

92 results found

1. It would be nice to draw a non-rectangular shape and do something equivalent of "select cells through" - where the region you draw is back projected "infinitely" and anything in the projection is selected? (Equivalent to the "free select tool" or "lasso" tool in GIMP) I'm finding it very hard to select some regions of a 3d model only using rectangles!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. A SpacePilot makes navigating through 3D Visualizations so much more easy than just using a mouse.
    Please include support for this hardware.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It could be awesome if we could use the power of the Matplotlib Qt backend for XY plot. It could really improve and enhance the usability of the XY plot module of Paraview with awesome python scripting possibility.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to be able to orient the cylinder glyph direction using a vector field.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be nice to have the ability to draw ellipsoids or specify a major/minor axis at each point and glyph an ellipse at each point using those axes.

There is a feature request for an ellipsoid source here:
    http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=9110

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. LOD actor goes back to full representation on mouse release. In ICEM_CFD it waits 2sec (or so so) so I can continue transformations in LOD mode without annoying delays. It is very smart of them and such feature should be added to VTK/PV.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has now been fixed in git-master. There’s a 2 sec delay. It will make it into 3.10 release.

commit 8be56b840924502ca8a93328bb5986e9bfd43da6
    Author: Utkarsh Ayachit
    Date: Sun Jun 20 16:38:58 2010 -0400

Added support to persist LOD mode when interactive. Fixed BUG #10232. The interactor now switched back to full-res after 2 secs of timeout.
  7. In the Mac OS X interface the tab key does not change the focus in an ordered manner, for example:
    object inspector, properties, lower threshold text field: I write a value, the slider correctly updates, then I press Tab and... I expect the focus to go to Upper threshold, since it's below, instead it goes back to Scalars. If I press shift+tab it behaves correctly.
    Please note that if I press again Tab after Scalars, it goes back again and, at the end, it won't go back to lower threshold anymore. Something is clearly wrong here.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Please post a 64 bit binary version for Leopard. Thanks.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. ParaVew is a great program we all thank you for doing such a great job. And we would be even more pleased if soon is really soon ...

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be really nice to add the ability to threshold, contour or clip by scalar using variables other than scalars. Magnitude, and one of the components of a vector come to mind.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There;s also an option named “Auto Convert Properties” in the Settings dialog that can be turned on to “automatically” extract components or compute magnitude for field arrays.

12. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →