Skip to content

General

If you would like to make new feature requests, please visit https://discourse.paraview.org/c/feature-requests/ ...

General

Categories

260 results found

1. It is very frustrating to use various softwares in order to convert files from .vtk. Since Paraview includes lots of readers, why not writing the corresponding writers ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. It would be nice to have the ability to associate all kinds of Paraview actions with keyboard shortcuts. Currently, I see shortcuts only for basic actions like Open File etc.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding the possibility of reloading result files while mantaining the setup of a saved state, in order not to have to specify filters, windows and all this stuff, would be a nice function that will save post-procesing time.

By the way, ParaView is an extraordinary post-processor! thank's for putting it in open-source regime.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Often I'd like to have a "global variable", so that I can change a value at only one position, which is referenced by several filters, including Python programmable filters/sources.
    The smartest thing would be, to have a slider widget, with which I could interactively change the value of this variable and so could examine different stages/points of view/slices... (depends on how I used the variable) of the dataset.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many open-source CAE software can import/export .unv files (I-DEAS universal files).

I would like to have this option in ParaView

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When dealing with large datasets, it would be nice to be able to prepare the pipeline with multiple filters (calculators, isocontours, plane) and then do the postprocessing and rendering, instead of having to create a filter, apply, create another filter.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. measurement angel or Distance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. In a PlotSelectionOverTime filter, the resulting 2D plot can be shown as a function y = y( timestep ). This is the default, and by default a very handy vertical green line marks the current timestep.

The plot can also show parametric graphs, where (x,y) is plotted, and x = x( timestep) as well as y = y( timestep ).

In this latter case, I would like to see a green dot marking the (x,y) of the current timestep.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Paraview is supposed to be good at parallel task. But I don't understand why when I use a *.pvd file to load a parallel dataset consisting of several Rectilinear blocks, with volume rendering Paraview only renders only one of the blocks at a time and not all of dataset. It is good to have this resolved because I think volume rendering is one of the Paraviews interesting features.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. The Linear Extrusion filter allows fixed extrusion directions only (x,y,z). It seems to me that adding an option to use the surface normals instead is an easy task, and will be useful in many cases. Possibly, the scale factor (surface thickness) could even be a scalar field, which would make this filter even more useful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As suggested here,
    http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-May/021348.html
    I propose supporting varying timestep for .vtk format files
    via the vtk index.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. The glyph filter has the nice property which allows to scale the glyph. However, for all arrow glyphs, a better way of scaling would be to scale only the length of the arrow by a quantity instead of the whole arrow (shaft and tip thickness). This simply gives a much clearer overview if there are regions with big and small arrows in one domain.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Laser scanning data are typically in xyzRGB format, where xyz are the coordinates and RGB are columns for the R, G, and B colours (values from 0...255 for each). The current support for only one colour field could be extended to define the colours through three different fields. In addition, laser scanning data, i.e. point clouds, may contain points up to billions, in which case long coordinates may hinder the calculation time needed for the visualisation. Therefore it is suggested to build an filter or process that only takes into account the changing parts of the coordinates.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Dear paraview product managers,

i would like to point yours to a new awesome displaying technology named Science On a Sphere in short SoS which was invented at NOAA (http://sos.noaa.gov/What_is_SOS/index.html)

images or video frames should have the following parameters
    - aspect ratio is 2:1
    - prefered resolution 4096x2048 or higher
    - JPEG or PNG for single images and image sequences
    - Map Projection – Equatorial Cylindrical Equidistant Projection. This is a simple latitude/longitude grid where the image is twice as wide as it is tall.

Will be great to be able to export single image or an image…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Build standard dataset library to test visualization algorithm.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. When you switch off a range of time steps, the temporal statistics no longer works. I have to manually alter the .xmf file so as to only average the time interval I want. Is there a way I can do this without the manual editing of the files? ie is there a way to pick a range of time intervals or not loading a range of time intervals.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be very useful if an option was available so that the user could save his/her current state, commands and data (including any new variables) inclusive within a single file. This would provide a unified, compressed dataset that is independent of platform being used to visualise it, not only making it portable but the user would not have to worry about the paths to the dataset and it could act as an emergency backup for the data. As far as I am aware, both Tecplot (*lpk) and Ensight have this feature available.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How to import LS-Dyna k file into the ParaView?I have tried but it failed!Can anyone help me ?Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some filters can take very long to finish. Also large datasets might take forever to render. It would be great if a user could press a stop button to stop these processes without having to kill paraview.

141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Following on from:

http://markmail.org/message/b3ro3hvuqqenxyfg

• for transient cases employing static meshes, provide a mechanism to cache the mesh so that it is not necessary to rebuild the complete visualization pipeline
    80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)